You are a Solutions Architect I at Marqwise Dynamics Technology Consulting, a firm that provides services to corporate clients seeking help with getting the most from their IT systems and operations. Your current assignment is to provide a Windows 10 upgrade solution for Tetra Shillings Accounting LLC, a small accounting firm that has been the victim of several cybersecurity breaches, including a ransomware attack that resulted in the loss of critical information.
Most of the Tetra Shillings Accounting computer operating systems were found to be at least six months behind on patches and hot fixes, and the ransomware attack was the result of not keeping systems properly updated. The data that was compromised in the attack was not recoverable because the firm does not a proper backup and recovery process in place.
The firm’s computers are currently running Windows 8.1. A legacy accounting software package that plays a crucial role in the firm’s day-to-day business operations has prevented the firm from upgrading to Windows 10 because of compatibility issues. The firm has also been hesitant to keep systems patched and updated due to the compatibility issues, which severely impacted the firm’s business operations on several occasions.
The firm’s leaders realize they can no longer avoid or delay keeping systems updated, and they have already moved the accounting software application to a cloud solution, eliminating the operating system compatibility concerns. Leadership also understands that the firm has been negligent in its backup and recovery processes. Employees are expected to copy their work to the local network file share.
Since previous efforts to patch the system hampered business operations, you know you will have to show the firm’s leadership that the upgrade will have minimal effect on business operations.
Your supervisor at Marqwise, the solutions architect manager, has asked you to draft a formal plan to upgrade the client’s operating systems to Windows 10. Once she approves your plan, she will present it to the client.
This week, you should begin working on your first project, the Windows Upgrade Plan.
Client Specifications for Tetra Shillings Accounting
When developing your plan, keep in mind the following information about the client:
- All desktops and laptops are currently running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
- About half of the laptops are less than a year old and will be retained for the upgrade.
- All other laptops will be replaced with new hardware in time for the upgrade.
- All desktop systems will be replaced with new laptops.
Your plan should include the following points:
- The advantages of upgrading to Windows 10, including at least three Windows 10 features that will provide the most benefit.
- Recommendations for a version of Windows 10 for the upgrade and the install method(s) to be used.
- At least two automated deployment options.
- Plans to minimize disruptions to business operations.
- A strategy that will keep operating systems updated.
- Two IEEE references (the link will be provided).
All solutions should be based on Microsoft solutions and best practices. Use the Windows Upgrade Plan Template to record your work.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.