Discussion: Measures of Effect
One important application of epidemiology is to identify factors that could increase the likelihood of a certain health problem occurring within a specific population. Epidemiologists use measures of effect to examine the association or linkage in the relationship between risk factors and emergence of disease or ill health. For instance, they may use measures of effect to better understand the relationships between poverty and lead poisoning in children, smoking and heart disease, or low birth weight and future motor skills.
What is the significance of measures of effect for nursing practice? In this Discussion, you will consider this pivotal question.
- With the Learning Resources in mind, consider how measures of effect strengthen and support nursing practice.
- What would be the risk of not using measures of effect in nursing practice?
- Conduct additional research in the Library and other credible resources, and locate two examples in the scholarly literature that support your insights.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Analyze how measures of effect strengthen and support nursing practice. Provide at least two specific examples from the literature to substantiate your insights.
- Assess dangers of not using measures of effect in nursing practice.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.