Module 7: Week 7 – Week 8: Module 8 Case Studies’ Questions
Google and Project Maven
- Discuss Google’s original position regarding their involvement with military projects and how it developed into a partnership with the DoD.
- Discuss strategies for successful partnership between private companies and the government.
- What advice would you give Google’s leadership regarding their partnership with the government? Explain your position.
- Do you see any contradiction between Google’s motto “Don’t Do Evil” and their involvement with government projects, whether domestic or foreign? Explain your position.
Source: This case was written by Jaimie Stettin, Research Associate, and Gianpiero Petriglieri, Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, exclusively from public sources. It is intended to be used as a basis for class discussion rather than to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of an administrative situation. Additional material about INSEAD case studies (e.g., videos, spreadsheets, links) can be accessed at cases.insead.edu. Copyright © 2018 INSEAD.
Managing Communication Crisis the ‘Under Armour’ Way
- Discuss the way UA handled crisis communication.
- Discuss the role of transparency and openness in UA’s culture and its impact on crisis management.
- Discuss UA’s approach to the 2014 speedskating incident.
- What advice would you give Mr. Plank in managing a communication crisis.
Source: This case was written by K B S Kumar and Indu Perepu, IBS Hyderabad. It was compiled from published sources, and is intended to be used as a basis for class discussion rather than to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a management situation. Ó 2017, IBS Center for Management Research.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.