A baccalaureate nurse understands, relates, and values the fundamental elements of research, process, and designs as a foundation for an evidence-based practice (AACN, 2008; QSEN 2020). This assignment provides a learning activity to demonstrate understanding of the significance of research, the types of research and designs, the importance of sampling, utilization, and how research contributes to a credible nursing profession.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
• CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
• CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
• CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
This assignment is worth 225 points.
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Worksheet
- Read each of the instructions.
- Download and complete the required Clarifying Research Worksheet under Templates below.
- Review the Week 5 Assignment Tutorial below which reviews your Week 5 Assignment. Tutorial may look slightly different session to session. Grading criteria and rubric will be the same.
- Two or more supporting scholarly sources are required. Textbooks are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment.
Clarifying Research Worksheet (Links to an external site.)
• For questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.
• Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Please see the grading criteria and rubrics.
• Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
• Integrity Matters: Review the syllabus and follow the Academic Integrity policy in the Student Handbook (Links to an external site.).
Scholarly Sources and Citations
• Two or more supporting scholarly sources are required.
• No more than two direct quotes are allowed.
• Use APA format in citations and references.
American Association of Colleges of Nurses (AACN). (2008). Executive summary: The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. http://www.aacnnursing.org/Education-Resources/AACN-Essentials
QSEN Institute. (2020). QSEN competencies. http://qsen.org/competencies/pre-licensure-ksas/
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.