Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 5, 6
• Lesson: Read this Week’s Lesson which is located in the Modules tab
• Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources). Follow-Up Post: minimum of 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
• Your Initial Post and your Follow-Up Post must be based on the same Option that you chose in order to receive credit for both posts.
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post
indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
Option 1: The framers of the Constitution were concerned that everyday citizens would not be able to understand or comprehend the makings of our government. They felt that everyday citizens were uninformed and did not care what was going on in our government. Even today we see where citizens are interested in government affairs seemingly only if our country is in turmoil such as unemployment, recessions, civil unrest, etc. Do you agree with this assessment?
Are we uninformed? Do we wait till a crisis happens to voice our opinions?
Option 2: Many experts see the media as biased and more like infotainment. In fact, many people have turned to social networks as an outlet for news instead of CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN and other news stations. Do you see this as an issue? Do you see the news as biased or unbiased?
Should there be more restrictions on the news stations?
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to the same Option you chose for your Initial Post (i.e., if you chose Option 1 for your Initial Post, your Follow-Up Pst should also be for Option 1). Respond to at least one peer.
Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Minimum of 1 scholarly source which can include your textbook or assigned readings or may be from your additional scholarly research.
• Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
• Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source) for your Initial Post, and 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
• APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
• Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines (Links to an external site.)
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 5, 7
Due Date for All Posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Posts must be on separate days.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.