1 page paper: Scenario: You are trying to teach your staff (leadership track) the importance of theory in their work. Choose one of this weeks theories and explain why this theory is valid and valuable in today’s healthcare or healthcare education settings. Requires a minimum of 2 scholarly references (textbook included). Textbook: Philosophies and Theories For advanced nursing practice by Janie B. Butts and Karen L. Rich. You will use the Synergy Model for Patient Care.
Module Materials 6
Butts, J. & Rich, K. (2022). Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice (4th ed.). Jones and Bartlett. Ch 10, 15, 21
- Describe foundational elements, structure, and development of philosophies, theories, and models
- Appraise the theoretical basis for the nursing profession in various practice settings
- Select the most appropriate nursing or non-nursing theory for solving healthcare problems that promote health and enhance care among individuals, families, communities, and populations at risk.
- Categorize theories and conceptual models developed by nursing and non-nursing disciplines used for nursing practice
- Design strategies for the advancement of theory within the nursing discipline.
- Effective ways to teach and learn.
- Motivation to learn.
- Learning Theory – rooted in pshychology.
- Especially applicable to healthcare:
1. Behaviorist Learning Theory – Classical and Operant Conditioning
2. Cognitive Learning Theory – Perceptions, thinking, reasoning, memory, developmental changes and processing information
3. Psychodynamic Learning Theory – Theory of motivation
4. Humanistic Learning Theory – Foster growth, development and creativity
- Social Learning Theory – Learning for others, extensively used in healthcare.
- Using theory in professional situatuions.
- Using theory to change behaviors.
- Florence Nightingale – Nurse and first recorded female statistician.
- Ernest Codeman – Hospital reform and outcome management.
- W. Edwards Deming – 14 points for Deming’s Theory of Quality.
- Joseph Juran – Quality planning, control and improvement.
- Philip Crosby – Management’s lack of understanding thier responsibility to create safety – Failure to accomplish quality have 5 common characteristics.
- Avedis Donabedian – first person to focus on quality issues in healthcare.
- Employee/Staff responsibilities.
- Benner Novice to Expert – popular in research
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Synergy Model for Patient Care – popular in hospital settings
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.