Understanding yourself, as well as others, aids in learning how to adapt to differences. We can develop better conflict management skills and more effective communication habits when we understand our own perspectives and learn to respect and adapt to others’ social, cultural, and generational differences.
For this unit assignment, you will reflect on your own social styles in a written paper. Follow the steps below.
1. Identify Your Social Style
2. Summarize your results from your personal style.
3. Share your results with a family member or friend. Compare and contrast their perceptions with your own as you explain what this activity revealed to you about yourself.
4. Assess your results with the Style Flexing Guidelines for Enhancing Communication Effectiveness. Your results, evaluate what steps you would need to take in each area to increase your communication effectiveness.
5. Describe how your social style affects your ability as a leader to adapt to cultural differences.
6. What generational and gender areas do you feel you need to address to improve your communication skills?
7. Summarize your overall findings and the top three areas you will choose to focus on over the course of the next year to have more effective communication and be better able to adapt to differences.
Your case study must be a minimum of four pages, not including the title or reference pages. You must use two resources, to support your case study. All sources used must have citations and references properly formatted in APA Style. APA formatting is otherwise not necessary.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.