For this assignment, you are given the opportunity to walk through the steps of identifying, assessing, diagnosing, and formulating a treatment plan for a substance abusing individual. You will use your coursework, literature reviews, and references to help support your client demographic, ethnic background or substance abuse.
To begin and complete this assignment successfully, please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Identify a Client
- To begin, you will need to identify a substance abusing individual to complete this assignment.
You can use anyone that you know in your personal life or an actual client. The client can come from a present placement, work site, or past work. If you are unable to identify anyone, you may also use a fictional character, but please make sure you have enough information to complete the assessment. Please note that an actual person tends to work better for this assignment and that you are NOT allowed to use yourself as this defeats the purpose of the assignment.
- De-identify the client information if you are using an actual client for your assignment.
Step 2: Identify Research
- Identify research done through a literature review that shows research related to your client demographic, ethnic background, or substance abuse.
- Use at least three additional reference sources (peer reviewed journals and/or professional books) in addition to the assigned text.
Step 3: Complete the following Outline
Please use the following subsections as an outline. That is, use the suggested subheadings to identify each part that you are required to address. This adds clarity to the overall paper.
- Introduction: Identify demographics of a client, the substance abused, the agency they are presenting to that you work for, and the treatment programs available at that agency. (3 points)
- Literature Review: Find three research articles related to the demographic of the client and/ or the substance of abuse and how they relate to your client. That is, you want to use articles that help you understand what the research states about issues common to your client (5 points)
- Use a theory to describe the origin or cause of the problem for your client based on what we received in the readings and discussions in class. (8 points)
- Apply a screening device tool that we covered in class to your client. If you cannot administer it, then report what you think the client would answer and then report the results. (8 points)
- Diagnosis and appropriate EBPs: Briefly summarize pertinent biopsychosocial factors and symptoms that helps to explain the diagnosis. (NOTE: please DON’T use an actual document that you use for an agency). Then formulate a diagnosis. Make sure that you include the specific diagnosis and the severity level as well as the criteria the person meets in order to qualify for the diagnosis. Finally, briefly note what EBP(s) are appropriate for the diagnosis. Provide
citations to support these choices. (8 points)
- Special Policy Considerations: Identify and describe the policy issues that specifically impact your client especially regarding unique needs or issues of your client (dual diagnosis, special population etc.). How does this affect the person’s substance misuse? (8 points)
The following additional criteria will be used for grading the paper:
Student’s critical and independent thinking about the issue is clearly demonstrated throughout the paper (8 points):
• Students clearly identify which ideas reflect their own thinking and interpretation. That is, the student’s ideas can be distinguished from those of authors referenced.
• Likewise, ideas are logically presented. The discussion offers a cohesive synthesis of the literature cited. Thus, can the reader understand the logic and reasoning for the points being made? NOTE: If we don’t understand what you mean, we cannot give you the points!
• Please avoid using lots of or long quotes to “write the paper”. Quotes are fine, but you need to paraphrase what you quote to demonstrate you understand the material and can express it in your own words. You will lose points if it seems as if you are using quotes to write the paper.
Step 4: Follow Paper Guidelines
- APA style
- 12-point font, double-spaced
- The paper uses suggested subheadings
- 8-9 pages – Not including cover page or references NOT including cover page or references.
- Page numbers are included on every page and headings/subheadings are used to help organize the paper.
- The paper is typed and double-spaced in a Times New Roman font of 12-point character type with 1-inch margins on all sides (references can be single-spaced).
- The paper is free of spelling and typing errors.
- Paper is written in 3rd person; 1st person format is not appropriate for this paper.
a. Paper cites a minimum of eight references, including at least four peer-reviewed professional journal articles (not editorials). Books, government documents, and peer-reviewed professional journal articles may be used for the other four references. (Any World Wide Web citations included must be over and above the required eight references.) Use as many sources as needed. Make sure that the references used in the paper are sufficient and appropriate to the issue discussed.
b. The NASW Code of Ethics does not count toward the eight references but should
be used and included on the reference list.
c. Class lectures or the weekly Coursework Modules for the online courses DO NOT count as a reference & should not be used as part of the 8 references count.
d. All references and related citations (both in text and on the reference list) are in the format of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, most recent edition. Remember to support with citations everything you state about diagnoses, policies, and potential implications. Of course, when you are writing about specifics regarding the individual and your work situation with the person, no citations are required unless you’d like to use these as you see fit.
e. If in doubt – cite! You will lose points for not citing properly
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.