You have led change for Spectrum Sunglass as the Director of Product Innovation under two different scenarios.
You successfully diagnosed the situation, built and maintained your credibility, and used the appropriate change levers at appropriate times to lead lasting, transformational change within 96 weeks.
- Diagnosing the situation is the first step in any change scenario. Diagnosis includes understanding the context of the change, the change agent’s power and influence, and the stakeholders. Answer the following:
- Is the change in S1 reactive or proactive?
- Is the change in S1 addressing an opportunity gap or a productivity gap?
- Is the change in S3 reactive or proactive?
- Is the change in S3 addressing an opportunity gap or a productivity gap?
- Was it harder to lead proactive change or reactive change? At what phase did you observe the biggest differences in leading reactive change and proactive change? Explain your rationale and relate it to the situation at Spectrum Sunglass, i.e. the context for the change scenario.
- As the director of product innovation, you have no formal power. How did you build and maintain your credibility?
- What factors determined the receptivity of the change targets? How would you learn about these factors?
- Raising awareness is a key element of the mobilization phase. Beyond raising awareness, what were your major goals during the mobilization phase? How did you achieve them?
- Trial and adoption are key activities in the movement phase. Beyond these, what were your major goals during the movement phase? How did you achieve them?
- Gaining a critical mass of adopters is necessary to achieve successful change. Beyond this, what were your major goals during the sustain phase? How did you achieve them?
- Write a summary (no more than 2 pages) of how you approached the simulations and the lessons that you learned. Do not provide a step-by-step description of levers. Describe what you learned about effectively leading people and the organization through the mobilization, movement and sustainment phases of change.
Compare your performance based on:
- Building and maintaining your credibility
- Timing and impact of change levers
- Explain why there were any differences in performance in the two scenarios (S1 and S3).
- What are the top 3 lessons that you will apply in your role as an analyst?
- What are the top 3 lessons that you will avoid in your role as an analyst?
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.