The initial phase of Creative Problem Solving is often referred to as Problem Scoping. This process establishes clear requirements for creating a viable final solution. It often is initiated by the identification of a need or issue. This part of the problem solving process focuses on the issue/need by gathering and analyzing information. In other words, you will clearly define what needs to be done prior to creating an effective solution.
This SLP will help you practice your problem scoping skills by completing a clear, focused Problem Scoping Document. This will provide a clear problem definition and target for solution development.
Problem Scoping Assignment Instructions:
As you complete problem scoping phase, your proposed document will include the following information:
- Develop a Problem Statement.
- Determine any potential constraints,
- Determine the criteria
- Identify the stakeholders
- Develop a procedure for gathering data prior to decision making.
Be sure to thoroughly complete and submit the Problem Scoping Document.
- Select a problem from either: Performance Management or Compensation Case
- Determine what questions you would ask yourself:
- Scope of the problem – Part of the Problem Statement.
- When and where the problem occurs – Part of the Problem Statement.
- Impact – Part of the Problem Statement.
- Identify two criteria related to the problem statement that you created.
- Who is directly involved with the problem? Stakeholders?
- Determine how you would gather data.
SLP Assignment Expectations
In addition to addressing each step above in the Problem Scoping word document template, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Center the title, your name, and date on a separate page. Use Times New Roman, 14 point)
- Bold the title only
- Set Left and Right margins at 1 inch
- Number the pages
- Include a References section using the guidelines from the Trident University Writing Style Guide (Mullen, Timothy. 2014. Trident University Writing Guide. Accessed on June 20, 2016 at https://mytlc.trident.edu/index.php). Include this site as a reference in addition to any of the background readings that you draw upon to develop your problem scoping document.
- Upload your document as a Word .doc or .pdf into the SLP drop box by the module due date.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.