Title of Assignment
Professional Identity of the Nurse: Role of the Nurse and Scope of Practice
Purpose of Assignment:
According to Larson, Brady, Engelmann, Perkins, and Shultz (2013), “the development of professional identity is a continuous process that begins with admission to the nursing program and evolves throughout one’s professional career in a dynamic and fluid process where interacting relationship of education and practice lead to self-reflection, growth, and human flourishing” (p. 138).
Larson, J., Brady, N., Engelmann, L., Perkins, B., & Shultz, C. (2013). The formation of professional identity in nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives.34 (2). p 138.
Identify roles and responsibilities for safe nursing practice in the healthcare environment.
Explain the roles and scope of practice for members of the intraprofessional team.
This course includes a project with three parts. Each part builds off prior knowledge to help you create your nurse professional identity. In the first part, you examine the role of the nurse and scope of practice, which will help you identify the nurses’ role. In the second part, you describe the importance of the code of ethics in nursing, and examine the standards of nursing practice for the role you are obtaining during the nursing program. The final submission requires you to use the first two parts of your assignment to explain your belief of caring in nursing, describe your professional identity, and identify a potential professional organization that you may join to help support your development.
Prepare a two to three page written assignment that includes the following:
- Introduction to the assignment (sections of the assignment; roles of the nurse, scope of practice, compare and contrast scope of practice)
- Describe the roles of the nurse for the program you are currently enrolled
- Identify the scope of practice for the nurse in the state where you intend to practice
- Using the Nurse Practice Act for the state where you intend to practice, compare and contrast the scope of practice for the LPN and RN
- Conclusion (reflect on the assignment including how you will use the scope of practice to support your role)
- Use at least two credible resources to support your findings. For example, one of the resources could be the State Board of Nursing website, and another resource could be a textbook. These resources must be integrated into the body of your paper using at least two in-text citations. Be sure to use proper APA format and style.
- Two to three page written Assignment
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format and style
- Run your paper through Grammarly and make corrections to identified errors before submission. Note: You must use the following link to create your Grammarly account. You must use your Rasmussen student email address: https://www.grammarly.com/signin?page=edu
Rasmussen College Online Library School of Nursing > Your Career > Boards of Nursing https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/boardsofnursing (locate your board of nursing)
School of Nursing Online Guide > Nursing Research https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing
Rasmussen College Online Library School of Nursing > School of Nursing> APA and Writing
APA & Writing Help
New to APA? Watch this video for a brief introduction:
Want a more in-depth introduction to APA? Watch the 30 minute APA Basics webinar:
Integrating resources into your writing is a crucial writing skill. Watch this video on how to paraphrase, summarize, and quote resources.
Learn more about creating a references list and how NoodleTools can help you by watching the webinar below:
The APA Guide contains all of the information you need to create a research paper in the APA style, including:
- APA Sample Paper
- APA Paper Template
- Examples of Reference list citations
- In-text citations
- Formatting an APA paper including the cover page
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.