Effective communication is a key part of any interaction, in or out of the workplace. People are influenced by their own cultural backgrounds when communicating and interpreting communication from others. These cultural differences are not limited to international interactions. Diversity of background and experience can be found in any community or workplace. For this reason, principles of effective cross-cultural communication should influence all communication.
This task focuses on written communication. Most professional situations use text to convey important information. To avoid misunderstandings or unintended offense, examining text for assumptions and bias is essential. Careful wording of text is especially important as other elements of communication are not present to clarify the meaning.
In this task, you will use principles of cross-cultural communication to write the text for one of three common workplace documents: a frequently asked questions (FAQ) document, instructions for a professional process, or a letter making a request.
You will also include information about the context of the created document. The context may be specific to your focus of study or interests but must account for a broad audience.
A. Create one of the following documents using principles of cross-cultural communication:
• a frequently asked questions (FAQ) document
• detailed instructions for a professional process
• a request letter
1. Provide an appropriate opening for the document that establishes the context.
2. Based on the document type you have selected, develop the following components using language consistent with low-context culture and avoiding the use of culturally specific language (e.g., idioms, jargon, colloquial phrases):
• FAQ document: at least three questions
• instructions: at least three steps
• request letter: at least three components
3. Provide an appropriate closing statement or conclusion for the document.
4. Identify three principles of cross-cultural communication you considered when creating the document.
B. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.