To receive credit, you must complete the competency assessment. PLEASE read the assessment rubric carefully to ensure that you have completed all competency criteria. If you wish to receive an A, you must carefully review the rubric and complete the required number of mastery criteria. PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a passing (B) grade on a competency assessment, you will not be allowed to resubmit your assessment to improve your grade.
This competency assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific Outcome(s) that are the focus of this module. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the Outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this module prior to attempting the CA. You can attempt the CA multiple times within the term; however, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit. Refer to your Syllabus for additional information regarding the number of attempts permitted.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Rubric to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA after each submission. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, follow the guidelines and deadlines for submission in your Syllabus.
Please refer to your Syllabus for additional competency assessment requirements.
You may contact your instructor if you have any questions.
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
LS311-4: Analyze the remedies for breach of contract.
Ahmed Abadi previously worked at eHarbour as a software engineer. Two months after signing a confidentiality agreement and non-competition agreement, Ahmed Abadi tendered his resignation effectively immediately. Daniel Hudson has now learned that Ahmed Abadi is now working for a competing boat navigation software company. After an investigation, Daniel has also learned that Ahmed Abadi sent a number of emails with attachments from his company email address to his personal email address and that a company laptop with confidentiality information is now missing.
In this scenario, you are working as a paralegal or legal assistant for eHarbour and your immediate supervisor is Daniel Huston, the general counsel of eHarbour. Your supervising attorney has asked you to draft a cease-and-desist letter from Daniel Hudson to Ahmed Abadi. In the cease-and-desist letter you should allege misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of the confidentiality agreement, and breach of the non-competition agreement with a demand for return of the eHarbour company laptop. In the letter, discuss the potential remedies that eHarbour could obtain in a legal action against the former employee. Use business letter format for the cease-and-cease letter.
Use the business letter template found here.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- This assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.