In this Module 4 Case Assignment, you will build upon the Problem Scoping analysis you prepared in your Module 3 SLP assignment by:
- Developing three alternative solutions that address the problem definition and criteria that you identified.
- Comparing the pros and cons of those three alternatives.
- Selecting the best alternative.
- Developing a logical argument to support your choice.
You will apply these same analytic skills throughout your BSBA program, and they will serve you very well in your professional life.
Use the Evaluate Alternative Solutions Template to complete your case assignment.
Note: Developing alternative solutions is essentially a brainstorming process. What can you do to solve the problem? That is an alternative. Proposed alternatives should be consistent with the problem(s) that you identified in your Module 3 SLP assignment.
Developing a list of good alternatives involves creativity and avoiding preconceived attitudes (knee-jerk solutions) and assumptions. Guidelines for alternative development include:
- DON’T SETTLE FOR YOUR FIRST IDEA!
- Good designers try to generate as many possible solutions as they can before choosing one that they feel is the best. This creative process of developing ideas is called ideation.
- Methods of ideation include:
- Examine existing solutions
- Conduct brainstorming sessions. Remember the first rule of brainstorming – every idea is a viable one.
- Develop as many alternatives as possible. When you are done, try to categorize your alternatives. Then develop three alternatives.
- Sketching and doodling to create pictures of possible solutions
This assignment needs to be completed in paragraph format using full sentences. Insert the decision table you made into your Word document. Use this linked tutorial demonstrating techniques to Insert Tables into Word Documents.
In addition to following the guidelines above, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Center the title, your name, and date on a separate page. Use Times New Roman, 14 point). Bold the title only
- Set Left and Right margins at 1 inch
- Number the pages
- Include a References section using the guidelines from the Trident University Writing Style Guide (Mullen, Timothy. 2014. Trident University Writing Guide. Accessed on June 20, 2016 at https://mytlc.trident.edu/index.php). Include this site as a reference in addition to any of the background readings that you draw upon to develop your alternative solutions document.
- Upload your document as a Word .doc or .pdf into the SLP drop box by the module due date.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.