In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Use personality theories in multidisciplinary environments
- Analyze various personality states
The following resource(s) may help support your work on the project:
- Project Two Template Word Document: Use this template to complete your blog post.
- Tips for Writing Popular Blog Posts: Review this Shapiro Library resource for useful tips about creating a blog post.
- Does Your Office Betray Your Personality?: Review this APA blog style article as an example of what your finished blog might look like. Notice the tips from the Shapiro Library article above that are present: a catchy title, an image, and a well written body organized into headers like the Project Two Template.
For this project, you will reflect on recognizing characteristics of personality theory in a professional context and its importance. A successful career approach uses strong emotional intelligence skills, including knowing yourself and your needs, as well as being observant of your team around you.
You will create a professional blog post highlighting what you have learned about personality theory applied to yourself in the workplace. The purpose of the post is to promote and encourage similar reflection from peers. You can include personal examples or take a more hypothetical response in your blog post. The Project Two Milestone you completed in Module Five has helped prepare you for this assignment.
You must address the rubric criteria listed below in 3 to 5 sentences each:
- Personality and the Individual
- Describe how the results from your Big Five personality assessment provide insights into how you perform work or the type of work that interests you most.
- Describe a type of work setting that may be a good fit for your personality (remote, group, hospital, private practice, open setting, privacy). Justify your answer.
- Describe the traits that you would seek in your ideal manager. Justify your response.
- Personality and Teams
- Describe how your behavior could shift as a result of the type of work you are doing (group work, individual work, etc.).
- Describe which traits may be viewed as strengths in a team setting, and how those traits may be a strength in one situation and not in another.
- Describe an example of the person-situation debate in the workplace.
- Describe how you would handle potential conflict with a coworker and how your personality traits play a role in this situation.
- Personality, Stress, and Coping
- Describe how you could approach differentiating between a team member’s personality traits and personality states, especially when it relates to stress.
- Describe an approach you could take to reduce a peer’s stress at work. Justify your response.
- Explain how you would determine whether your own stress in the workplace is too high and the steps you would take to reduce it. Justify your response.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Personality in the Workplace Blog Post
Submit your completed Project Two Template. If you cite external resources, you must use APA citation style.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.