Based on your knowledge of the major components of the assessment process (from this course and SLWK 604), Read Chapter 8 of the textbook.
- which components did you see modeled in the video with the Norman family?
- What seemed to work well in the assessment video, and why do you think it worked well?
- Did you notice anything that didn’t seem to go well or that you might do differently as the provider?
- Were there any aspects of the family’s functioning (or the functioning of individual family members) that you would have wanted to assess further that weren’t covered (or were only briefly covered) in the video?
- Briefly list three risk factors and three strengths of the family.
The Community Discussion Board is an active learning opportunity where you will reflect on course content and process your learning with other students. This board is not simply an “opinion board.” Rather, it is a mechanism for you to engage with your peers as you dissect and synthesize course content. That said, please make sure that your original post contains a minimum of three citations from peer-reviewed resources, one of which may be from a textbook or other course materials. These sources should be listed at the bottom of your post. In addition, please make sure that your post adheres to APA style and formatting.
Your Community Discussion Board post should be approximately 500–700 words and is due on Wednesday.
Here are some examples of risk factors and strengths that I saw, but please feel free to use what you see after watching the video.
1. Lack of cultural knowledge/ sensitivity
2. Lack of social support – Memuma
3. Distrust in the family; lack of family connection
2. Getting help; working with Social Worker
3. Basic Needs are met – middle/ high socioeconomic status
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.