738.10.1 : Apply Mindfulness
The learner applies mindfulness to promote self-discovery.
738.10.2 : Apply Mindset, Working Styles, and Energy Dynamics
The learner applies mindsets, working styles, and energy dynamics to promote academic and professional success.
738.10.3 : Communicate Effectively
The learner communicates effectively in both oral and written format.
738.10.4 : Use Communication Strategies
The learner uses communication strategies to foster a supportive peer community.
Before you attempt this task, you are required to complete the D235 Interprofessional Communication and Leadership in Healthcare course. This task relies on the completion of several self-assessments such as the 5 Dynamics and reflection on your hero’s journey.
In this task, you will be expected to submit a three-part reflection paper. This paper will help you focus on your experience and insights from the course. This includes what you have experienced and learned about the results of your individual 5 Dynamics Assessment and what they revealed about your personal working style; how you work with others; insights you have gained regarding conversations and interactions you have with friends, family, coworkers, and others; as well as your plans for the future.
The first part of your paper will focus on your working style and what you have learned about how you work with others. The second part of the paper will focus on your experience with the different modes of communication explored in the course. The third part of your paper will focus on your overall course experience, your journey through this course, and what you plan to do with the skills you have learned.
The intent of this paper is to reflect on your learning experiences in the course. You should first complete a draft of the paper and then finalize the submission with additional insights.
Be concise, clear, and authentic in your writing. Use the paper to explore your experience, consolidate
insights, and start thinking about how you will use the course to improve your chances for success in the future.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The similarity report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Write a paper (suggested length of 4–7 pages) reflecting on your experiences during the Interprofessional Leadership and Communication course, including the following APA formatting requirements:
• double-spaced text with one-inch margins
• a heading at the beginning of the paper with your name and the course name, instructor name, assignment, and date
• labels for each of the three parts of the paper
Part One: Working Style
- Identify your working style results from your personal 5 Dynamics report, including the level of intensity (i.e., Abundant, Effortless, Deliberate, Reserve) for each of the four energies (i.e., Explore, Excite, Examine, Execute) in the success/satisfaction cycle.
- Reflect on what the working style results from your Working Style Self-Assessment and 5 Dynamics report mean for you by answering the following questions:
• What are two of your strengths?
• What are two of your challenges?
• How do you learn best?
• How do these energy dynamics, from either your self-assessment or 5 Dynamics report, present themselves in your daily life?
- Describe a working style you would want a teammate on a professional or class project to have, given your own working style, and explain how the strengths of that working style would help create a balanced team to successfully complete the project.
Part Two: Communication
- Using the conversation meter (Unit 7.2 within the course material) consider a conversation you had with friends, family, coworkers, or others, and reflect on the following:
a. Describe the conversation noting the listening mode (i.e., Pretense, Sincerity, Accuracy, Authenticity) you were in with specific examples from the conversation experience.
b. Discuss what you have learned about the way you listen.
c. Discuss what you learned about how your listening levels affect your relationships.
- Using the Conversation Meter (Unit 7.2 within the course material), consider a different conversation you had with friends, family, coworkers, or others, and reflect on the following:
a. Describe the experience, noting the speaking mode (i.e., Pretense, Sincerity, Accuracy, Authenticity) you were in with specific examples from the conversation experience.
b. Discuss what you have learned about the way you express yourself through verbal communication including specific examples.
c. Discuss what you have learned about how you speak and how the way you speak affects your relationships.
- Explain how your communication style applies the laws of conversation to create cycles of value or cycles of waste in your relationships and your life.
- Explain how you will use your new communication tools to decrease cycles of waste or increase cycles of value.
Part Three: Reflection/Hero’s Journey
- Reflect on your experience in this course by addressing the following:
a. Explain what you learned from your experiences with the course material.
b. Discuss what was most challenging for you in the course material.
c. Discuss what was most valuable to you from the course material.
- Discuss two ways you could help friends, family, coworkers, or others develop the skills you learned in the course and how these skills could benefit them.
- Explain how you plan to sustain the positive skills and habits you have formed from this course and how you will continue to maintain success in those areas.
- Discuss the areas of communication and leadership in which you could still develop and how you plan to develop in those areas.
B. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.