Final Paper will address following questions:
- What are the challenges and opportunities of entering the new market?
- What entry modes would work for the company?
- What are the potential reactions of competitors and host government?
- What type of global strategy should the company pursue?
- How should company customize the marketing mix? Which functions company should decentralize?
- How should manage the issues of the expatriates?
- Each student will select a company small or big which intends to go global.
- Post your choice in the company selection discussion board.
- Each student is required to select a unique company. If your choice is already selected, please choose another.
This paper allows you to do comprehensive analysis based on an integrated view of international business management. This means that the report provides evidences coming from various aspects of international business: entry modes, global strategy, marketing, human resources, ethical and legal issues, and financial aspects.
Thoroughly explain your opinions and cite as much outside reference support (i.e., peer-reviewed, scholarly journal articles, and professional sources) to substantiate your discussion. Empirical research, in particular, will help strengthen your discussion.
Prepare a detailed 7-8 pages concept paper using the questions below as a guide. Be sure to incorporate your readings, and cite your sources using APA guidelines (6th edition including in-text citations and references)
Section 1: Company Overview (Max. 2 Page, double space)
- Organization specifics- what is the name, nature, size of company, and industry?
- What is the current status of the company in the industry? (Review Bloomberg.com/Reuters/WSJ/Forbes/Company website.
- Briefly discuss company’s competitive landscape. (Should be able to get information from the web sites cited above).
- Discuss the point of view of your company and the host country for which company wants to go global. (Hint- Globalization practices in the host country; As this will be the basis for the selection of global strategy for your company).
Section 2: Identification and Analysis of International Management Topics, tools, methodologies, concepts
(Max 5 Pages, double space)
Thorough analysis of threats and opportunities of going global. This implies that real data and quantitative evidences are presented (rather than a 100% qualitative description).
The suggested sections to be included in the Final Project Report are:
- Executive Summary
- Company Background
- Country Background
- Entry Strategy
- Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Opportunities and Challenges of expanding the business in host country
- Evaluation and Conclusion
- The Country Reports published by The Economist Intelligence Unit provide excellent information on all countries around the world.
- www.stat-usa.gov – After entering the site go to Globus, Market and Country Research, then to Country Commercial Guides. A 50-100 page document for each country covers many details about entering a given market for trade. This is a free Web site when accessed through TAMUC network.
- www.undp.org Contains information on human development indices and macro-level country statistics.
- www.worldbank.org Contains country-level economic statistics
- www.census.gov Contains foreign trade and international population information
- Format of the paper: There are no special formatting requirements. For in-text citations and references follow APA 6th edition. Should be able to know more about APA https://owl.english.purdue.edu
- Number of pages- Maximum 7-8 pages double space. The number of pages does not guarantee an “A” on the paper; it depends on the quality of the discussion, depth, and rigor in the paper. Cover the information, which clearly present the international business management.
- Number of references- Minimum 5 references, this is to make sure that you use at least five good quality research papers to substantiate the discussion and add value to the extant literature in the field of study. Reference page is exclusive to the page limit. (These minimum references do not guarantee an “A” in the paper).
- Quality of the information is important, but how do you present that information is equally important. Please use appropriate headings and sub-headings to clearly present the information in the paper.
- References (Build a comprehensive reference page that includes refereed journal articles and/or websites cited above. It is NOT acceptable to have only web articles that are not scholarly/refereed journal articles. Do not use Wikipedia/encyclopedia or blogs and similar Internet sources in this paper). Feel free to use professional business journals such as Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Forbes, and/or company websites etc.
- IMPORTANT: Turnitin has become the part of the ecollege. Every time student turns in any assignment in the dropbox in college. Turnitin would automatically evaluate it. WARNING: Turnitin.com DOES check to see if any part of the document is copied from any other document in their files…published or unpublished. Because of the nature of the assignments, some duplication is acceptable and even expected…such as the repetition of titles, names and specific questions and quotations. Within 24 hours of submission, you should be able to check for your report detailing what percentage of your paper has been previously submitted. You are expected to correct and resubmit to reduce it as low as possible (be sure to allow extra time for this!) Anything over 25% will result in automatic point deductions, but anything (no matter what % turnitin.com shows) that does not follow acceptable documentation and citation practices will result in grade deductions or worse. Please note if the Turnitin percentage is higher than 35% it will be evaluated for any plagiarism issue and will be notified to the appropriate authority to take any further action. (Review grading rubric for points deduction). Therefore, please take this very seriously. Correct sentence structure, grammar and spelling are expected on all written assignments submitted for a grade.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.