Instructions: Select ONE population of interest: immigrants/refugees; incarcerated youth/adults; military veterans.
Develop an Ignite presentation in which you discuss an identified service need of your selected population of interest. Propose a policy or program change to address the need. Use the generic outline (below) to help you develop the presentation. Use material from at least three scholarly sources to help you develop your presentation. The final slide of the presentation should include a list of references in APA format. Research online examples of ignite talks, and tips on how to create one.
An Ignite presentation is a PowerPoint presentation in which 20 slides auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of 5 minutes, while the presenter speaks. Typically, each slide contains a visual image with minimal words. The presenter(s) speaks for approximately 13 seconds per slide. Presentations are meant to “ignite” the audience on a subject (in this case, on a social welfare policy issue), for the purpose of expanding awareness, deepening thought, building social empathy, and inviting social action and social change.
Create and submit a video of yourself delivering your Ignite presentation, based on the generic outline below. Your video needs to show the slides and should show yourself, or at least have your voice presenting along with the slides.
Ignite Presentation Outline
- Explain a specific social problem affecting your target population.
- Describe an unmet service need of your identified target population.
- Explain why it is important to meet the need and improve conditions for this population.
- Articulate a vision of change to improve conditions or opportunities for the target population.
- Explain how alignment between policy, service, program and practice is necessary to meet the identified service need.
- Propose a viable change strategy to improve conditions or opportunities (e.g. change in policy, program or practice), to better meet the identified service needs of the target population.
- Explain the “logic” of the change initiative: purpose, inputs, activities, outputs, impact.
- Explain how the change initiative would incorporate social work values such as cultural responsiveness or advancement of social justice. Refer to Social Work Disposition #12: Standard: Social Workers’ Ethical Responsibilities to the Broader Society in this portion of your outline.
- Note strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that might influence the adoption or achievement of the change initiative and how these might be addressed.
- Recommendations for action: What specific steps could be taken to achieve the envisioned change?
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This assignment is informed by the following EPAS Standards:
2: Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
3: Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
5: Engage in Policy Practice
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.