LO3: Determine how hybrid media is used to help establish frames and set agendas.
LO4: Select and sequence media that will contribute to achieving strategic objectives.
1. Instructions and guidelines (Read carefully)
1. Insert your name and surname in the space provided above, as well as in the file name. Save the file as: First name Surname M4 U3 Ongoing project—e.g. Lilly Smith M4 U3 Ongoing project. NB: Please ensure that you use the name that appears in your student profile on the Online Campus.
2. Write all your answers in this document. There is an instruction that says “Start writing here” under each question. Please type your answer there.
3. Submit your assignment in Microsoft Word only. No other file types will be accepted.
4. Do not delete the plagiarism declaration or the assignment instructions and guidelines. They must remain in your assignment when you submit.
PLEASE NOTE: Plagiarism cases will be investigated in line with the Terms and Conditions for Students.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please ensure that you have checked your course calendar for the due date for this assignment.
1. There are 6 pages and 2 questions in this assignment.
2. Make sure that you have carefully read and fully understood the questions before answering them. Answer the questions fully but concisely and as directly as possible. Follow all specific instructions for individual questions (e.g., “list”, “in point form”).
3. Answer all questions in your own words. Do not copy any text from the notes, readings or other sources. The assignment must be your own work only.
. Mark allocation
Each question receives a mark allocation. However, you will only receive a final percentage mark and will not be given individual marks for each question. The mark allocation is there to show you the weighting and length of each question.
Question 1 8
Question 2 8
The focus of this ongoing project component is hybrid media. After completing this ongoing project, you should be able to understand hybrid media strategies in relation to either a real-life situation you are currently facing or a situation that you may realistically face in the future. Therefore, the more grounded and realistic your project is, the more value it will offer you as a strategic communicator after this course.
You are required to write your ongoing project component in the form of a cohesive memo. This means that the tone and structure of your response should be as though it were intended for a colleague to read and comprehend. However, please take note that your reader should require no extra content information outside of this memo to understand your intended meaning.
You may make use of a memo writing guide if you require it. However, remember that effective memo writing does not mean you must only make use of one specific format; the greater priority is to ensure that clear and concise meaning is communicated. Most memo writing guides recommend including personal details, but in this course, you are not required to do so.
How could you use hybrid media to either help set your agenda or frame a topic in a manner that is desirable for your goals? Use the following points to guide your answer.
- Select either agenda-setting or framing for this question. You do not have to do both; select the one that is most appropriate for your scenario. Recall that agenda-setting is the process of affecting what your audience is thinking about, and framing is the process of affecting how your audience thinks about a topic that they are already aware of.
- Explain how using hybrid media to set an agenda or frame a topic could help you persuade your audience to act in a way that advances your goals.
(Max. 200 words)
Start writing here:
Refer to your answer to Question 1.
Explain in more detail how you will effectively select and sequence media to create a hybrid media environment. Use the following points to guide your answer:
- You should explain why the media you chose is practical or realistic for you to use in terms of the existing resources you have access to in your organization.
- You should explain how releasing your media in a particular order will increase the likelihood of creating a valuable hybrid media environment. Note that a hybrid media environment is valuable when the media interactions that are occurring (between audiences, the content, and stakeholders, such as other media organizations) are collectively contributing to advancing your goals.
(Max. 300 words)
Start writing here:
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.