The Exegetical Paper is important for applying to a specific passage what you have learned about hermeneutics. In this paper you will pick a particular passage for your exegetical paper and offer a bibliography for your study. This assignment will provide an opportunity for you to lay a good foundation for the final exegetical paper. The passage you pick will remain your focus for the rest of the class, and you will build your final paper on the material presented here. This initial assignment helps you to begin the process of critically evaluating your passage.
Choose one passage from the list below for your Exegetical Paper. [Note: If you wish to use a passage other than the ones listed, you must contact your instructor for permission.] After choosing your passage, research at least seven (7) scholarly sources related to your passage and generate a bibliography that will be incorporated in the final Exegetical Paper. Textbooks do not count toward the total number of sources. You must use current Turabian format and submit the document as a .doc or .docx file. The assignment is straightforward: post your passage (e.g., John 7:53-8:11) and then list your seven (7) sources. Here are the passages from which you may choose:
- Judges 11:29-40
- Psalm 137
- Isaiah 6:1-13
- Jeremiah 20:7-18
- Luke 15:11-32
- Luke 24:13-35
- John 7:53-8:11
- John 14:1-15
- Romans 7:7-25
- Galatians 4:21-31
- Galatians 5:1-12
- Ephesians 5:22-33
- Ephesians 6:10-20
- Colossians 1:21-29
- Hebrews 6:1-8 (pay attention to context)
- Hebrews 10:26-31
- 1 John 5:13-21
- Revelation 1:12-20
Mechanics for the assignment:
- Give the reference for the passage (you do not have to quote the passage for this assignment, but please mention the translation you intend to use for the paper: e.g., ESV, NASB, etc.).
- List your bibliography in current Turabian format. Scholarly sources should be used for this assignment. Be sure to use current materials (within the last 7 years). Peer reviewed articles are acceptable as well as scholarly texts.
- The assignment should be around one (1) page long (depending on the sources listed).
- For format questions, see the School of Divinity Writing Guide or contact your instructor.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.