Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring is a conceptual thread in the USU College of Nursing’s curriculum framework. The purpose of this assignment is to offer students the opportunity to be exposed to Human Caring Science while providing students with the skills of critical appraisal of evidence.
Students will select one nursing research article that focuses on a study that used Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring as a theoretical framework.
Students should use as a guide, an appropriate Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist found in Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt (2019; pp. 708-722).
The critiques are to be informal, although correct grammar, spelling, etc., are expected. The critique should include a brief description of the study that was reviewed and should address elements of the study relevant to critique.
Students will provide a written critique on a critical appraisal of the elements relevant to the nature of the research study such as type of study, design, quality of the study; and rationale, as well as implications for practice and further research and/or evaluation.
Examples of research articles incorporating Jean Watson’s theory:
- Durgun Ozan, Y., & Okumus, H. (2017). Effects of nursing care based on
- Watson’s theory of human caring on anxiety, distress, and coping when infertility treatment fails: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Caring Sciences, 6(2), 95-109.
- Rossillao, K. (2018). Caritas education: Theory to practice…2018
- National Teaching Institute research abstracts presented at the AACN
- National Teaching Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, May 21-24, 2018.
- American Journal of Critical Care, 27(3), e 14 – e15.
- Length: 5 pages, Cover page, (Introduction, Body, and conclusion), Reference page.
- Citations: 6 high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.