Complete a case study for the Costco corporation. You will find the case (#3) in the case section of the course text.
A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume you are a consultant asked by the Costco corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations.
There will be three portions for the Case Study each submitted during a different Module/Week.
|5||Company Business Model|
The completed case study will include 3 portions to be submitted over Modules: Week 5, Week 6, and Week 8.
- Cover page (must include the company name, your name, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines)
- A total of 4-5 pages
- Reference page (follow current APA guidelines) – Include the course text, company, scholarly sources necessary to support analysis, Biblical support for analysis of the Code of Ethics and mission statement for the company.
For Week/Module 5, your Company Business Model assignment must include:
- Analysis of the company’s existing organizational mission, objectives, strategies and business model.
- Analysis of the company’s existing HR objectives and strategies as related to the organization’s current business model.
- Analysis of the company’s existing Code of Ethics as it aligns to the company’s mission, objectives and strategies.
- Analysis of the company’s existing Code of Ethics as it relates to the HR mission, objectives, and strategies.
- Create a new organizational mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component – see below).
- Rationale for the new mission statement with research support.
- Discussion of ‘why’ it is critical the HR department should support the organizational mission statement. [Note: Recommendations of ‘how’ will be included in a later Case portion.]
Mission Statement Components:
The organizational mission statements must contain the following 9 components:
- Customers: Who are the firm’s customers?
- Products or services: What are the firm’s major products or services?
- Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
- Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
- Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
- Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
- Self-concept: What is the firm’s distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
- Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
- Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
Place the results of the Case Study: Company Business Model Assignment in a single document and post it to the Case Study: Company Business Model Assignment submission link.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.