Word Limit: 3000 words
Assessed Learning Outcomes
· Analyse the role of the information systems strategy in an organisation, and its integration with overall corporate strategy.
· Evaluate appropriate hard and soft factors that impact upon success and failure in the development, roll out and operation of various types of business information systems.
You have already established a successful business using BIS well. Your business is based in the aviation sectors BRITISH AIRWAYS.
You now need to write a briefing document to show the key issues regarding big data analytics.
Identify and evaluate the characteristics and significance globally of big data analytics. (25 marks)
Analyse the organisational opportunities and challenges posed to British Airways by big data analytics. (40 marks)
Apply the value chain and/or virtual value chain to analyse how value is created and delivered in British Airways by big data analytics. (25 marks)
Use correct academic writing style and structure. Use correct grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling. Use in-text citations and references according to the Harvard Reference System. (10 marks)
Evidence of knowledge, understanding and analysis of the role of big data analytics in an organisation and its relationship to corporate strategy.
Evidence of academic and intellectual skills that evaluate appropriate hard and soft factors that impact upon success and failure in the development, roll out and operation of business information systems.
Evidence of academic and intellectual skills that successfully apply principles of information privacy to a specific organisational context.
POINTS TO CONSIDER
· Structure of the briefing document:
1. Introduction – introduce the topic area and explain the scope of work to be addressed in the briefing document (150 words)
2. Task 1 (750 words)
3. Task 2 (1200 words)
4. Task 3 (750 words)
5. Conclusion to summarise what you have set out in your main section (150 words)
6. Full list of references in Harvard format.
Your briefing report does not need an executive summary, recommendations or appendices.
Use the sector and business/organisation chosen for the interim assessment.
If you do not, marks will be forfeited.
· Respond to each task by using relevant theories, frameworks and their application to the BIS development with explanation and analysis. A critical approach will earn merit.
· Apply the five components of information systems and five Vs of big data models in your research and evaluation of big data analytics.
· Take a critical approach to your use of the value chain and/or virtual value chain. Focus on the technology activity and explore its relationships selectively with other value creation activities.
· Lectures and tutorials materials curate and present a range of relevant theory to support your BIS development (e.g. value chain, virtual value chain, IPOS model, generic strategy, five forces analysis, system theory, three levels of strategy and data-information-knowledge model).
Main source to use for the assignment:
Business Information System – Technology, development and management for the modern business 6th Edition [Bocij, Paul/Greasley, Andrew/Hickie, Simon]
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.