Learning the APA Style requirements is an important part of this and future classes. APA Style will assist in research organization and clarity of papers.
In this assignment, use the “APA Tips” document, to successfully complete the “APA Exercise” document.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
PSY-260: Topic 2 APA Tips
- Include a title page on all APA formatted assignments, with all required information. You are encouraged to use the templates available in the Student Success Center.
- Ensure that you use Times New Roman, 12, black font in all areas, including headers, and use “APA running head different first page”. Here is a great resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfZbEHsWPkQ
- Only use Times New Roman font 12, black, when working in APA formatting; this includes all running head areas.
- Do not bold any areas of your work.
- Do not use CAPSLOCK anywhere excluding your running head.
- Do not underline areas, such as the title.
- Center all title page information.
- Include the date on your title page.
- In APA formatting your title is centered on the first content page (Reference List or References) on the top line.
- List references alphabetically, rather than by type.
- Keep the same font color, size and style throughout (Times New Roman, 12, black).
- Authors are to be listed Last Name, First Initial: Smith, J. (2016)…
- Separate areas with period markers: Author. (Year). Title…
- Left-align the first line of each reference to the “0” line, and indent all lines after the first ½ inch.
- Fill all lines with content. You will want to break up your links or information in such a manner that it is the full first line, full second line at ½ inch indentation, etc.
- Double-space all content, removing any extra spaces between references.
- Capitalize the first letter of journal title, and when applicable the first word after a colon; all other words are not capitalized, excluding proper nouns.
- If a reference has areas coming up in CAPSLOCK, adjust it manually.
- Italicize journal titles.
- If a DOI is listed you will not need to include the permalink.
- Remove any blank pages after content ends, or in between pages.
PSY-260: Topic 2 APA Article Reference Exercise
Directions: This exercise contains two parts. Please ensure you complete both parts of the exercise and follow the instructions in each part as outlined.
A. Instructions: Please correct the following references according to proper APA format. Examples have been provided for you.
|Journal Article Example:|
Author, A. A. (Year). Title of article. Journal Title, Volume (Issue), xxx-xxx. Needs Correcting:
Light, Mark A., & Light, Harry. (July, 2008). How to Reference a Journal Article Without a DOI and Retrieved From Print Version. Journal of Properly Formatting APA References, 8(1), 73-82
|Chapter from Textbook Example:|
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Year). Title of chapter or entry. In A. A. Editor & B. B. Editor
(Eds.), Title of book (pp. xxx-xxx). Retrieved from https://www.xxxx
Haybron, D. M. (2008). Philosophy and the science of subjective well-being. In M. Eid & R. J. Larsen (Editors.), The science of subjective well-being (pages 17-43). Retrieved from https://smartlib.umri.ac.id/assets/uploads/files/77459-subjective-well-being.pdf#page=31
B. Instructions: For each source shown below, please create a properly formatted reference according to APA guidelines. Examples have been provided for you.
|Article Title: How to Reference a Journal Article with a DOI.|
Author: James Austin Adams.
Date Published: March 25, 2019 Source: Journal of Writing Awesome Papers in APA Format. Volume 7, Issue 8, pages 19-42.
Ex. Author, A. A. (Year). Title of article. Journal Title, Volume (Issue), xxx-xxx. https://doi:xxxxxx
Insert Reference Here
|Article Title: How to reference a journal article without a doi and retrieved from the internet.|
Author: Beau Bauer, Chad Benson
Date Published: October 2, 2018 Source: Journal of Properly Formatting APA References. Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 72-91.
Ex. Author, A. A. (Year). Title of article. Journal Title, Volume (Issue), xxx-xxx. Retrieved from https://www.xxxxxxxx
Insert Reference Here
A. Instructions: Locate 4 journal articles on a topic of your choosing. Make sure 2 of them are empirical articles and 2 are review articles. Obtain your sources from scholarly journals and websites. Next, locate the course e-book in LoudCloud, and reference Chapter 2 as one of your sources.
Ensure that your sources are published or updated in the last five years.
Please rely on the GCU guide for formatting and citation examples: https://libguides.gcu.edu/APA B. Instructions: On the last page, create an APA formatted reference list using the sources you found. You will have 5 total (4 journal articles and a chapter from the textbook). Both a title page and sample reference have been provided for you.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.