In this module, you are submitting Project Two, which focuses on critiquing a research paper. In preparation for that assignment, you will use the research study you chose to analyze for your project for this discussion and think about the topic of data literacy.
For this discussion, imagine that you are a science journalist. Remember that in Module Three you looked at science in the popular media versus research studies. You will practice the skill in this module of summarizing studies for lay audiences.
For your initial post, address the following:
- Summarize the study and interpret its findings for a lay audience.
- Focus on objectively translating this study for a lay audience.
- Consider how this study relates to current and emerging issues in psychological research.
- How does the study relate to the programmatic themes?
- How could the findings from this study be used by people in their work, personal lives, or to help others?
- Explain why data literacy is important when evaluating sources of evidence from a study.
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion by answering the following questions:
- Did your peers do a good job of translating the findings of their chosen study to a lay audience?
- Did your peers relate their chosen study to current and emerging issues in psychological research?
- Did your peers describe how the findings of their chosen study could be used personally or professionally?
To complete this assignment, review the Psychology Undergraduate Discussion Rubric. You will also need:
- Norms of Practice for Online Discussion
- Ethical Usage Practices
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.