In this assignment, you will review the types of evidence and criminal data that are important to gather for a case.
Please note: You will need to download the Criminal Data Worksheet and submit the document upon completion.
To complete this assignment, review the following documents:
Criminal Data Guide
Criminal Data Worksheet
Criminal Data Guidelines and Rubric
Overview: For this assignment, you will complete a Criminal Data Worksheet and respond to questions that pertain to gathering criminal data. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed when completing the worksheet:
I. Criminal Data
a) Identify what to look for while gathering criminal data.
b) Explain the types of criminal data.
c) Describe the types of questions that should be asked to obtain criminal data.
d) Assess typical/atypical profiles that can be developed using the gathered data.
PSY 310 Criminal Data Worksheet
Instructions: Respond to PART I and PART II below and then resubmit this worksheet with your responses.
Instructions: Respond to the questions below.
- Review the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) website. What type of criminal data can you gather from this website?
- Using the Criminal Data Guide document as a guide, what do you notice about the information that you should ask about? Where should you look for this information?
- Is there a typical profile for terrorists? Explain.
Instructions: Read through the scenario and respond to the questions below.
Lisa is accused of luring a group of men into a park where they are attacked by a criminal street gang. She is also a gang member and this is part of her initiation. She had a very strict upbringing and was physically abused by her older brother and father growing up. At age 13, she befriended some gang members who let her hang around with them. She started skipping school and committing petty crimes such as theft and burglary. Her gang got into a fight with a rival gang and she was injured, requiring stitches and x-rays. A police report was filed, although no charges were brought against her.
Using the Criminal Data Guide document as a guide, respond to the following:
- What pieces of information are important for you to gather specifically from the scenario above?
- Thinking creatively, where would you gather the information to start work on your case in reference to the scenario above? You may use a bulleted list to demonstrate specific points you would need.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.