Module 5: Week 5 – Week 6: Module 6 Case Studies’ Questions
- What media relations strategies would you recommend to Charter’s leadership to evoke a positive response from the public toward Charter’s merger with TWC? Why?
- What advertising and marketing strategies should Charter have utilized for a successful merger? Why?
- What media approach should Charter use to reinforce the competitive threat caused by a potential merger between Comcast and TWC? Why?
- What press release should Charter issue when announcing its intention to merge with TWC? Why?
Source: Radha Chaganti, Mayank Jaiswal, and Rajeswararao Chaganti wrote this case solely to provide material for class discussion. Authors acknowledge the help of Greg Bates in writing this case. The authors do not intend to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a managerial situation. The authors may have disguised certain names and other identifying information to protect confidentiality. This publication may not be transmitted, photocopied, digitized, or otherwise reproduced in any form or by any means without the permission of the copyright holder. Reproduction of this material is not covered under authorization by any reproduction rights organization. To order copies or request permission to reproduce materials, contact Ivey Publishing, Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada, N6G 0N1; (t) 519.661.3208; (e) email@example.com; www.iveycases.com. Our goal is to publish materials of the highest quality; submit any errata to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright © 2019, Ivey Business School Foundation Version: 2019-07-22
Intra-team Conflict Communication
- What strategies would you recommend for successful conflict management within and among teams?
- What advise could you offer to help the team communicate when they encounter conflict?
- What are the critical issues and processes that this team is facing?
- Does the cultural way of communication and personality of each member affect the problems they face? How?
- What are the dysfunctional and functional conflicts that each member causes?
- What task, structural and emotional conflicts did team members encounter in this case?
Source: This case was written by Chavi Fletcher-Chen under the direction of IESEG School of Management. It is intended to be used as the basis for class discussion rather than to illustrate either effective or ineffective handling of a management situation. © 2017, Chavi Fletcher-Chen, IESEG School of Management. This case study is based on the fieldwork (anonymous/disguised). Some of the names have been altered to protect their privacy. No part of this publication may be copied, stored, transmitted, reproduced or distributed in any form or medium whatsoever without the permission of the copyright owner
- As part of creating the full-time IR position, Steelcase had to decide where to place Grueber in the company hierarchy. Given the issues facing Steelcase when Grueber arrived, what are the strengths and weaknesses of placing Grueber under the CFO versus the corporate communications department?
- What resources should Grueber ask for? How should he organize the function (reporting lines, internal staff versus agencies, etc.)?
- What investor constituencies should Steelcase try to interest in the company’s stock? What channels should Grueber use to attract them? What message would Steelcase deliver to them?
- What mistakes did Steelcase make in its past IR efforts?
- What are the biggest challenges facing Steelcase in mid-2000 and beyond? How would you position the IR function to handle those challenges?
- What can you learn about Steelcase today through an online search of its website?
Source: This case was prepared by Thomas Darling under the supervision of Professor Paul A. Argenti at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. Information was gathered from public and corporate sources, including interviews with Perry Grueber at Steelcase in May 2002. © 2008 Trustees of Dartmouth College. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact the Tuck School of Business at 603-646-3176.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.