This is a two part assignment. You started this assignment in Unit 1. You will finish and submit this assignment in Unit 2.
Complete Part 2 of this assignment by executing the requirements below. You will combine Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment in Unit 2, and submit it to the Unit 2 Dropbox for grading. Procrastination can be detrimental to your success in this class. You will culminate the following course outcome upon completion of Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment due in Unit 2:
MT355-1: Explore a research problem.
After reviewing the tutorial as indicated in the “Activity” tab, complete the following requirements for part 2 of this assignment.
Business owners and managers often identify problems they need help to resolve. In such situations, additional information typically is needed to make a decision or to solve a problem. One solution is a marketing research study based on a scientific research process. In this assignment, you are on a quest to identify and develop a problem statement for a marketing research study.
You are the new director of marketing for your chosen company. You are exploring your chosen company to identify a marketing related problem or opportunity to study using marketing research principles. Your goal is to explore the company’s marketing strategy to identify a marketing related problem or opportunity to study. You will be submitting a report detailing a problem or opportunity to study to C-level executives for their approval. Use the following criteria to explore your chosen award winning organization and to identify a marketing related problem or opportunity to study.
Assignment Part 1 Requirements:
You can learn a lot about a company by engaging in several different activities to define an existing problem or possible upcoming opportunity. Investigate your chosen company to identify any existing problems the organization may be experiencing or a possible opportunity for the company. Visit the organization’s social media pages and websites to identify a problem the organization may be experiencing. If possible, contact the organization and ask them what problems they may be experiencing or possible upcoming opportunities. Using the descriptive writing techniques, complete the following requirements in a current APA formatted document:
- Identifying a Company: Choose an award winning company from the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program website to study. You will evaluate the “Award Application Summary” for your chosen company, as a business case for your company.
Remember, you are the director of marketing for your chosen company. Introduce the organization you chose by addressing the following inquiries:
- Describe your chosen company and its brand.
- Explain the industry in which your chosen company operates.
- Describe the markets your chosen company serves.
- Marketing Research Proposal
- Prepare a marketing research proposal outline for a study using the general outline located on page 43 in your textbook.
- Prepare a table of contents for your marketing research study.
- Use headings to segment the topics in your writing in order to create a flow of ideas for your reader.
- Information Research Process: Explore the social media sites and websites for your chosen company. Under the “Purpose of the Proposed Research Project” heading, address the following inquiries in this section.
Use The 8 Steps to Strategic Success: Unleashing the Power of Engagement book to address the following:
- Identify one marketing-related problem or opportunity related to each of the political, economic, social, technological, legal, or environmental factors that influence marketing decisions for your chosen company.
- Identify one marketing related problem or opportunity based on each of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats that influence marketing decisions for your chosen company (pages 34-36 in your textbook).
- Use secondary research to substantiate your perspectives and observations (pages 30-32, and 55-65 in your textbook).
Assignment Part 2 Requirements:
- The Marketing Research Problem: Based on your conclusions derived from the information research process, choose and explain the most interesting marketing related problem or opportunity for your company that was identified during the information research process. Prepare a concise purpose statement detailing one marketing research problem to study by addressing the following inquiries in the “Purpose of the Proposed Research Project” section of the proposal:
- Based on your situation analysis, describe a marketing problem or opportunity that management needs to solve for your chosen company using this Situation vs. Problems video.
- Explain the purpose of the marketing research study for a marketing related problem or opportunity for your chosen company (pages 34-36 in your textbook).
- Use secondary data to substantiate the need for a study to solve the identified problem or opportunity (pages 65-66 in your textbook).
- The Marketing Research Questions and Objectives: Prepare marketing research questions and objectives in connection with the marketing research problem under study. Under the “Purpose of the Proposed Research Project” section of the proposal, prepare a “Research and Objectives” subheading and address the following inquiries:
- Prepare three (3) research questions that must be answered as a result of the marketing research study (refer to pages 37-38 in your textbook).
- Each research question should be limited to one topic and must identify the relevant units of analysis (refer to pages 36-37 in your textbook).
- Specify the objectives of the research to serve as a guide for the marketing research study (refer to pages 38 in your textbook).
- Writing and APA Formatting
- Use a minimum of three (3) peer-reviewed, academic research resources (including your textbook) to substantiate your critical thinking, and to provide viable reasoning for your perspectives.
- Include a title page, reference page, running headers, headings, page numbers, etc.
- Apply current APA style to in-text citations, with minor errors.
- Apply current APA style to references, with minor to no errors.
- Use resources from reliable and/or scholarly sources.
- Use focused, concise, organized writing.
- Articulate at a college level.
- Few, or no grammar or punctuation errors.
- Use non-offensive, inclusive, and respectful language.
- Write in third person to develop your marketing research deliverable.
- For additional help with writing style, and APA formatting, please visit the Writing Center accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area of the course.
- Review your grading rubric before beginning this assignment.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.