Learning outcomes assessed:
LO1-Understand and use frequently used Computing terminologies
LO2-Understand ethical and social issues associated with Technology
LO3-Appreciate the growth in ICT and use of the Internet and its effects on business LO4-Understand the role of Information Technology in Management
Information technology (IT) is an integral part of many businesses. IT plays a vital role in every business including small, medium, and large (multinational). Network (intranet and internet) and email play a key role in the organisational communication internally as well as externally. However, IT can also have significant challenges on businesses, such as ransomware attacks, which have shut down large sectors of the American economy, with hackers taking advantage of weak security measures for an easy payday.
Select an organisation in the retail sector, for example supermarkets and conduct research on the organisation, together with an analysis of relevant academic books and journals:
- Discuss different types of software that could be used by businesses.
- Ethical and social issues are increasingly becoming important in the digital world. Identify and discuss the importance of them to run businesses,
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) makes a business more efficient and effective in responding to customer needs. Discuss the impact of Internet and Intranet on businesses.
- Discuss the role of IT in helping managers to manage businesses.
Support your analysis with a discussion of the potential benefits and drawbacks of your chosen company investing in Information Technology.
Ensure that the report has the following structure and contains the details outlined:
- Title Page
- Table of contents
- Literature review
- Analysis and discussion
- Reference List
Length required: 3000 words
Formatting and Report
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
- Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
- Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
- Document format: Report
- Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
- Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g., academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.