Imagine that union negotiations with hotel owners have no clear end in sight and both parties have agreed to arbitration.
Your group will present to the arbitrator at different parts of the proceedings.
- Group #1: UNION (this group will present on behalf of the Local 5 Union. Express the concerns and interests of the Union, make logical arguments for constructive change, summarize financial requests ie. Pay, Bonus, or Benefit changes, and explain how these changes will positively impact the workers and employers.
- Group #2: MARRIOTT (this group will present on behalf of the Marriott Hotels of Waikiki. Express the concerns and interests of the Hotel owners, make logical arguments for constructive change that supports Hotel Ownership priorities, summarize financial impacts of Union Requests ie. Pay, Bonus, or Benefit changes, and explain how these changes will impact the Hotel’s revenue.
Individual Written Component (150 points)
- Each student will draft their own Case Packet for submission and grading including:
- Background summary of both parties involved (1 page)
- Summary of another union strike and result paper focused 2015-present (1 page)
- +/- matrix assessment for strategy of Hotel & Union into arbitration (1-2 pages)
- Connection to a related case, with case brief (1 page)
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.