o receive credit, you must complete the competency assessment. PLEASE read the assessment rubric carefully to ensure that you have completed all competency criteria. If you wish to receive an A, you must carefully review the rubric and complete the required number of mastery criteria. PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a passing (B) grade on a competency assessment, you will not be allowed to resubmit your assessment to improve your grade.
This competency assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific Outcome(s) that are the focus of this module. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the Outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this module prior to attempting the CA. You can attempt the CA multiple times within the term; however, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit. Refer to your Syllabus for additional information regarding the number of attempts permitted.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Rubric to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA after each submission. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, follow the guidelines and deadlines for submission in your Syllabus.
Please refer to your Syllabus for additional competency assessment requirements. You may contact your instructor if you have any questions.
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcomes:
MT450M3-3: Develop a viable marketing strategy for a product using market segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
Read the scenario and address the checklist items of this competency assessment.
In 2020, Carlo or Carlo’s Pizza* launched a new concept of eating pizza — conical pizza! Instead of eating pizza in its traditional form, the pizza dough is eaten like an ice cream cone. The cones are made through a patented device created by Carlo. This technique allows consumers to eat pizza on the go with one hand. Therefore, the pizza does not drip with grease or sauce. The cones are personalized with whatever fixings the consumer desires. Market research indicated this product would be a huge success. The organization even started franchising the concept in 2021. Nevertheless, the company has had lackluster sales. Carlo believes they need to do a better job targeting the right customers, segmenting the market, and repositioning the product. He has hired you as a marketing consultant to help him out.
- Describe the concept of targeting.
- Create a customer persona for the conical pizza using target segments.
- Research segments using the process of demographic, geographic, psychographic, and behavioral segmentation.
- Propose the sectors with the greatest growth prospects, most profitable customers, and most promising opportunities for the conical pizza using scholarly research.
- Create a value proposition using the conical pizza’s functional, psychological, and monetary value.
- Prepare a customer value analysis to reveal the company’s strengths and weaknesses relative to various competitors.
- Describe the concept of positioning.
- Address three points of difference (POD).
- Address three points of parity (POP).
- Develop a strategy for creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Prepare a positioning statement for the pizza cone.
Directions for submitting this assessment. Write a 900- to 1,150-word paper with additional title and reference pages. Use the current APA format and citation style for any short quotes or paraphrases with accompanying references. Submit your paper to the Competency Assessment Dropbox.
*Disclaimer: The organization and any characters and brands depicted in this exercise are fictional. Any resemblance to real organizations, individuals, or brands is purely coincidental. This exercise may include actual companies and brand names solely for instructional purposes; this exercise is not associated with any such existing company or brand name. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Addresses all the checklist items in a Microsoft® Word® document.
- Is written in Standard English with correct spelling, grammar, style, and mechanics.
- Has a purpose clearly stated in your introduction statement.
- Demonstrates logical and appropriate transitions from one idea to another.
- Is highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Includes additional title and reference pages in current APA format and citation style.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.