After reading about Bowen’s Family Systems Therapy, in textbook: Family Therapy Concept and Method, you are to write a 400-to-600-word Clinical Practice Journal Entry in length. This is an informal writing assignment that does not require references.
Answer the following prompts.
- Consider Bowen’s notion that people seek out partners with identical levels of differentiation of self.
- Do you think this is true?
- Why might people marry partners at similar levels of differentiation?
- According to Bowen, why would a mismatch fail?
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Bowen family systems therapy. For example, Bowen’s approach is thought to be long on theory but short on specific techniques to treat families. What might be considered the major contributions of this approach to the field of family therapy? How might a lack of technique be a good thing? Consider theoretical adequacy, specificity of constructs, strategies, and techniques, the role of the therapist, and types of client problems best suited for this approach. What is lost and what is gained by an approach that de-emphasizes work with the whole nuclear family and doesn’t work with family interactions and dialogue?
This is a Clinical Practice Journal entries should be between 400 and 600 words in length. This assignment does not require references as it is a clinical journal entry. Please make sure to stay within the word count as I will be taken off points if it goes over.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.