In this activity, the student will analyze their home zip code. Using the initial “Windshield Survey”, perceptions of the community member, a general statement of health of the community, as well as community strengths and problem areas will be identified. Both Positive and Negative Diagnoses associated with identified health or community concerns related to environment, safety, or epidemiological events will be formulated. This information will be recorded on the “Analysis and Diagnosis Submission Document”.
Primary Resources: Stanhope & Lancaster (2018), Chapter 11, 12 and Supplement PowerPoint: Community Assessment (WSS) Analysis (Diagnosis) Plan (Implementation/Evaluation), as well as any Stanhope and Lancaster (2018) chapters that are applicable to the group’s analysis.
- Identify student group names, the group’s chosen or assigned zip code and city on the “Analysis and Diagnosis Submission Document”.
- Using information from the “Windshield Survey” in the first assignment, complete the “Analysis and Diagnosis Submission Document” as follows:
- Perceptions of the community: In this section, students will first identify strengths as well as problem areas from the resident’s perspective and secondly provide a general statement about the health of the community, and identified strengths as well as problem areas from students’ perspective.
- Community Diagnosis: In this section, develop and list four positive and four negative diagnosis based on evidence and data collected from the “windshield survey”.
- Student groups will formulate the diagnoses, using NANDA format (problem, related to, as evidenced by). Keep in mind that NANDA diagnoses (as stated) may not appropriate since NANDA focuses on the individuals and not the community. Therefore, it is best to use the NANDA format only, providing the statements as appropriate to the community setting. There are some examples in the Supplemental PowerPoint.
- Negative diagnosis is typically a community oriented problem that either creates (or at risk for creating) unhealthy lifestyles for the community. A negative diagnosis may focus on specific health condition, poverty, safety, or environmental concern. A negative diagnosis is usually manifested as a trend in more than one subsystem.
- Positive diagnosis is usually wellness oriented where the community is ready to progress from one level of wellness to a higher level of wellness. A positive diagnosis is usually manifested as a trend in more than one subsystem.
- Cite the textbook, at least one outside scholarly source, personal communication, and websites in APA format to support your work. As a general rule, the citations will be in the “as evidenced by” portion of the community diagnosis. If there are several sources used for evidence, bulleted format may be utilized.
- All sources used must be cited in the “Analysis and Diagnosis Document” in APA format with APA reference page provided as a separate attachment.
- No title page needed for this assignment.
- Each student will post a submission of his or her individual contribution to the assignment to group’s discussion board prior to submission of group assignment 2 for peer viewing.
- Review and follow the Analysis and Diagnosis Grading Rubric for grading criteria. The rubric is embedded in the assignment and can also be found on the Analysis and Diagnosis Grading Document.
- Finally, upload two documents to the assignment:
- The completed “Analysis and Diagnosis Submission Document”
- Reference Page in APA format
- Sources cited in the Analysis and Diagnosis Form, Title page, The completed Analysis and Diagnosis Form, and Reference Page
Analysis and Diagnosis Form
Surrounding Community (City, Zip Code): 77088
Agency: Acres Home
|PERCEPTIONS OF COMMUNITY See Windshield Survey, Section III (Anderson & McFarlane, 2015, p. 174)|
|What does the community / agency identify as strengths? Poll several constituents?||What does the community / agency identify as problems? Poll several constituents?|
|Based on your WSS and the community input, describe the general health of the community / agency? Were strengths and problems identified similar to that of the community informants?|
|COMMUNITY DIAGNOSES Use proper diagnosis format and identify if each diagnosis is actual or potential|
|POSITIVE COMMUNITY DIAGNOSES||NEGATIVE COMMUNITY DIAGNOSES|
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.