Charlie Leonard (he, him, his) is a 68-year-old widower who has been increasingly withdrawn and lonely. Five months ago, his wife died very suddenly after a cardiac arrest. He was with her when she died. They had been married for 42 years. He is a longtime member of his church, but he has missed services and Bible study classes for the past five Sundays. He used to love to watch baseball on TV and take walks around the block, but he states he no longer has the interest or the energy to do so anymore. He has had flashbacks of his wife’s dying moments and has a difficult time sleeping. His appetite is poor, and he has lost 10 pounds in the past month. Charlie has difficulty sleeping during the night because he often takes a few naps during the day.
He is referred to you, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, by his primary care nurse practitioner.
From your perspective as Charlie’s psychiatric nurse practitioner, answer the following questions in a two- to three-page double-spaced paper (not including the reference page) in APA format. Include at least two peer-reviewed, evidence-based references (not including your textbooks).
- Identify one screening tool you could use when evaluating Charlie.
- Discuss your understanding of processing. How would you know whether Charlie was ready for processing?
- What interviewing techniques would best be used with Charlie? How would you vary your interviewing techniques if Charlie were a young adult instead of being an older adult?
- Identify whether eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy would be helpful for Charlie. Provide evidence to support your decision. If you think it would not be, provide evidence for another psychotherapeutic intervention that would be helpful.
- How would you support a person who has processed trauma between sessions?
What to Submit
Your two- to three-page (plus references) Microsoft Word document.
If you copy and paste references from the course into your assignment, be sure to confirm APA formatting before submitting.
Demonstrates full understanding and application of course concepts integrated into own insights. Shows analysis and synthesis of ideas.
The paper is appropriately focused. A thesis statement provides direction.
Includes in-depth discussion and elaboration throughout the paper.
Ties together information from all sources. Paper flows from one point to the next. Demonstrates an understanding of the relationship among material obtained from all sources.
Excellently written and composed. No errors in format, references, spelling, and grammar.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.