This excludes bibliography and other items listed in rule 6.75 of the Academic Regulations:
Assessed Learning Outcomes
- Analyse the role of the information systems strategy in an organisation, and its integration with overall corporate strategy.
Evaluate appropriate hard and soft factors that impact upon success and failure in the development, roll out and operation of various types of business information systems.
WRITING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
- This assignment must be completed individually.
- You must use the Harvard referencing system.
- Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is marked, the excessive use of words beyond the word limit is reflected in the academic judgement of the piece of work which results in a lower mark being awarded for the piece of work (regulation 6.74).
- Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work.
- Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
- Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
- You must number all pages.
SUBMITTING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
In order to achieve full marks, you must submit your work before the deadline. Work that is submitted late – up to five working days after the published submission deadline – will be accepted and marked. However, the element of the module’s assessment to which the work contributes will be capped with a maximum mark of 40%.
Work cannot be submitted if the period of 5 working days after the deadline has passed (unless there is an approved extension). Failure to submit within the relevant period will mean that you have failed the assessment.
Requests for short-term extensions will only be considered in the case of illness or other cause considered valid by the iCentre Adviser. A request must normally be received and agreed by the iCentre Adviser in writing at least 24 hours prior to the deadline. See rules
Mitigation: The deadline for submission of mitigation in relation to this assignment is no later than five working days after the submission date of this work. See rules 6.103 – 6.132:
You now need to write a briefing document to show the key issues regarding big data analytics.
Identify and evaluate the characteristics and significance globally of big data
analytics. (25 marks)
Analyse the organisational opportunities and challenges posed to aviation sector and more specifically British Airways by big data analytics. (40 marks)
Apply the value chain and/or virtual value chain to analyse how value is created and delivered in British Airways by big data analytics. (25 marks)
Use correct academic writing style and structure. Use correct grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling. Use in-text citations and references according to the
Harvard Reference System. (10 marks)
Evidence of knowledge, understanding and analysis of the role of big data analytics in an organisation and its relationship to corporate strategy.
Evidence of academic and intellectual skills that evaluate appropriate hard and soft factors that impact upon success and failure in the development, roll out and operation of business information systems.
Evidence of academic and intellectual skills that successfully apply principles of information privacy to a specific organisational context.
POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Structure of the briefing document:
- Introduction – introduce the topic area and explain the scope of work to be addressed in the briefing document (150 words)
- Task 1 (750 words)
- Task 2 (1200 words)
- Task 3 (750 words)
- Conclusion to summarise what you have set out in your main section (150 words)
- Full list of references in Harvard format.
Your briefing report does not need an executive summary, recommendations or appendices. Use the sector and business/organisation chosen for the interim assessment. If you do not, marks will be forfeited.
- Respond to each task by using relevant theories, frameworks and their application to the BIS development with explanation and analysis. A critical approach will earn merit.
- Apply the five components of information systems and five Vs of big data models in your research and evaluation of big data analytics.
- Take a critical approach to your use of the value chain and/or virtual value chain. Focus on the technology activity and explore its relationships selectively with other value creation activities.
- Lectures, tutorials and the VLE materials curate and present a range of relevant theory to support your BIS development (e.g. value chain, virtual value chain, IPOS model, generic strategy, five forces analysis, system theory, three levels of strategy and data-information-knowledge model).
- Include book: Bocij, P., Greasley, A. & Hickie, S., 2019. Business Information Systems: Technology, development and management for the modern business. 6th ed. Harlow: Pearson.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.