|Unit title & code||Strategy & Change Management|
|Assignment number and title||1- Report|
|Assessment type||Individual report|
|Weighting of assessment||40%|
|Size or length of assessment||2400 words + – 10% excluding references, tables and appendices|
|Unit learning outcomes||Establish knowledge and understanding of the main strategic approaches and change management theories and relate them to the external/internal environment that shapes a business.|
Determine skills and abilities to research and apply strategic options in a particular context and develop appropriate solutions to strategic problems in business with a consideration of the relevant critical success factors.
Completing Your Assignment
What am I required to do in this assignment?
In this assessment, you will be required to play a Sim Venture game – online simulation game. The report produced will consist of the results of an analysis of relevant strategic decisions taken whilst playing the game. You are expected to carry out research and discuss relevant strategy models when posting their diaries on BREO. You are expected to also reflect and connect your experience in the formative simulation activity to the literature on strategy. The final report should reference those findings and include a reflective account of learning from a formative in-class strategy simulation exercise.
Business Simulation evaluation and reflective report guidelines:
Step 1: You need to contact the Unit Coordinator or your tutor to help you gain access to an online SIM venture game. You may work alone or with others in playing the game but remember the report must be individual. The game needs to be ran for 12 quarters.
Step 2: The report should be focused on your self-awareness and understanding of the strategic decisions you undertook on behalf of the “company” and analyse how those decisions affected the outcome of the game. You are expected to utilize theories and frameworks from the strategy and the change management body of knowledge (academic journals and books) to underpin your decisions.
Step 3: You need to also include a reflective element in your analysis where you report on your performance within the industry. You will utilise your experience in writing reflective learning and your acquired knowledge on strategy and change management theory in order to dissect the simulation experience and account for your success (or not) within the simulation exercise.
Step 4: You need to keep an on-going log of all the actions and outcomes of the game and include those in the appendices. The word count of the logs will not be included in your word count and is only for reference. Good reports will be written clearly and concisely with good structure with links to page numbers in the appendices. The appendices will include referenced relevant theory.
Your appendices should include:
- Initial strategic plan
- Performance print out per quarter
- Reflective log
- Reference list
More specifically the report will
- Review your initial strategy and the decisions you took to implement it. What performance criteria informed you of the success of your strategy and how successful were you. Consider proposals as to how the strategy might have been stronger in light of the retrospective analysis. Also consider the theory on change management and its relevance to the simulated experience.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of reflective learning theory and demonstrate its application by assessing and justifying your own contribution to the success or not of the team taking account of your behaviour and activity and justify your insights from the evidence. Draw conclusions about your future behaviour and practice. This should draw from your reflective learning log.
- Relate your experience to existing theory and explain how theoretical models and strategic tools could have helped your “company” do better. Then review and evaluate what you learnt from the simulated experience and how the theory has informed your practice.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Evidence application of at least two strategy models in a business context
- Provide theoretical underpinning for strategic decision-making process using relevant literature
- Demonstrate critical reasoning using Harvard Referencing style
- Write a reflective report evidencing your preparedness to state a position on an issue but limited use of supporting evidence and limited reflection on own behaviour in relation to outcomes.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.