Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Textbook: Chapter 15, 16
• Lesson: Read this Week’s Lesson which is located in the Modules tab.
• Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources). Follow-Up
Post: minimum of 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
• Your Initial Post and your Follow-Up Post must be based on the same Option that you chose in order to receive credit for both posts.
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
Option 1: The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution. It is supposed to guarantee equal legal rights for all American citizens
regardless of sex. It was first introduced to Congress by Alice Paul, leader of women’s suffrage movement in 1923.
Compare/contrast the Equal Rights Amendment with the Fourteenth Amendment. Did they deal with separate
concepts? Explain your answer.
• Option 2: The Bill of Rights is not only included with the United States Constitution but also state constitutions. All states have provisions in their constitutions that protect individual rights. Go online and look up your state constitution concerning amendments that are included in the Bill of Rights. How does your state constitution protect your individual rights?
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to the same Option you chose for your Initial Post (i.e., if you chose Option 1 for your Initial Post, your Follow-Up Pst should also be for Option 1). Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
Minimum of 1 scholarly source which can include your textbook or assigned readings or
may be from your additional scholarly research.
• Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
• Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source) for your Initial Post, and 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
• APA format for in-text citations and list of references.
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.