The purpose of this final assignment is to develop your own subtopic within the broader topic of first-generation college graduates. You will compose a research proposal outline using the resources from our course and any other articles you find to support your subtopic. You may take either a qualitative or quantitative approach.
Use one of the following templates to explore the subtopic you are proposing and complete all the research characteristics that are reflected in each of the PPT slides:
- Final Assignment – Qualitative Template [PPTX].
- Final Assignment – Quantitative Template [PPTX].
Please leave all subheadings in the PowerPoint slides and build your content under those subheadings. Use a sentence-style outline and be sure to explain your points clearly. Also, be sure to use cited support throughout the outline. Once completed, this template can serve as a guide for your own research proposal project in the future.
This assignment requires that you use your accumulated knowledge about the elements of research. In this final project, you will create a proposal for how you might study the topic of first-generation college students, either qualitatively or quantitatively.
A PowerPoint template has been provided for you to outline your ideas. Each slide has a major heading that focuses on the given research component. The major headings are accompanied by subheadings that signal the main points to be addressed. As this is a PowerPoint presentation, you are not asked to provide a full narrative, but rather clear and concise bullet points in brief sentence style demonstrating your understanding of each aspect of the plan.
It is important to use the articles provided for the Week 3 and Week 6 assignments, the course text, and any additional scholarly sources you choose to support your proposal. See Program Library Research Guides, Reviewing the Literature, and Library Help for guidance.
Your Work will be evaluated using this criteria.
- Competency 1: Analyze the methodology used in scientific research.
- Detail the methods section (for quantitative proposal) OR detail the procedures section (for qualitative proposal).
- Competency 2: Evaluate the characteristics, purposes, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses of research methods.
- Articulate the statement of the problem and the purpose statement.
- Articulate the research question (and hypotheses for quantitative proposal).
- Explain the theoretical perspective for quantitative proposals OR the philosophical assumptions/worldview for qualitative proposal.
- Competency 3: Evaluate ethical issues in research studies.
- Articulate anticipated ethical conduct.
- Competency 4: Evaluate data collection and analysis strategies based on the characteristics of the research design.
- Explain the expected findings for the given topic.
- Competency 5: Examine the appropriate application of scientific research methodology.
- Create a complete and appropriate research proposal outline.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members of an identified field of study, using APA style and formatting.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.