Value: Complete at 100 points/Incomplete at 0 points—This assignment is worth 3% of the total grade.
Grading Category: IPP Document Development
During this course, you will be developing an Individual Professional Practice Document (IPPD) that will identify the regulations, requirements, certification, and rules of the state in which you plan to practice as an APRN upon graduation. As you complete certain modules, you will be asked to add to the IPPD, so it is essential that you keep it handy and edit along the way as you receive feedback from your faculty. Adding to the document with each assignment will produce a complete document by the end of the course. For this assignment, use the Individual Professional Practice Document (Word). Please only submit Week 1 information.
Identify the following:
- Your name ()
- APRN specialty foci (ADULT, ELDERLY WOMEN) IF YOU NEED TO CHOSE ONLY ONE CHOSE ADULT!
- State you plan to practice as an APRN (MASSACHUSETTS)
- The state’s definition of a Nurse Practitioner. See Appendix 1A in Buppert text.
- The title allowed by that state. See Appendix 1B in Buppert text.
Using the Map feature on the NCSBN APRN Consensus Model link, write a summary of how the state you plan to practice in is meeting the components of the consensus model. Refer to the Nurse Practice Act for details related to the state.
If you live close to the border of another state and plan to practice or already practice in that state, it is strongly recommended that you have a separate document for that state as well. Not all states have the same regulations and requirements.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP): What is an NP?
- AANP Scope of Practice for Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA): What is a PA?
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing: APRN Consensus Model
- AANP Discussion Paper: Doctor of Nursing Practice (PDF)
- AANP Standards of Practice for Nurse Practitioners (PDF)
- Nurse Practice Act
- APRN Consensus Model by State (PDF)
- 32nd Annual APRN Legislative Update
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.