Select a multinational organisation in which you can find information available online, for example, one of the Fortune 500 or FTSE 100. Then, write a report that covers the following in 3500-4000 words:
1. An analysis of the organisation’s operations strategy, including its strategic approach and the impact of the operations management of the selected organisation on the triple bottom line. (20 Marks)
2. A critical reflection on the drivers behind competitive advantage and an analysis on the contribution of process design and supply chain configuration in providing cost advantages. (20 Marks)
3. An evaluation of the benefits and drawbacks of the utilised IT, software, and information systems in the management of operations. (20 Marks)
4. An analysis of the utilised methods to monitor and control quality, and a conclusive statement on the functionality of the organisation in regard to systems, information, and processes. (20 Marks)
5. Innovative recommendations to improve the operations of the selected organisation. This includes recommendations to improve structural issues that cover facilities, capacity, process design and technology, and supply networks, as well as infrastructural issues that include planning and control and management of resources. Note: your answer needs to cover issues that need improvement only, not all of the listed issues. (20 Marks)
Reference text is
Barnes D. (2018) Operations Management: An International Perspective. (1st) London: Bloomsbury Publishing.
The Harvard Referencing System must be used. The Wikipedia website must not be referenced in your work.
Please read all questions and information provided carefully. Answers should be an appropriate length, keeping in mind the question requirements and total word count allowance. Tutors will cease reading and grading assessments at the point that the assigned word count has been exceeded by more than 10%. Any content appearing after the word count has been exceeded will not be graded. If students submit less than the suggested word count (in excess of 10% less), grading will be undertaken on the basis of quality and assessment criteria. In all likelihood, such assignments will lack some components or will not cover issues sufficiently, so reduced grades can be expected.
Word count includes all materials after the Title Page and/or Table of Contents and before References and/or Bibliography and/or Appendices. All materials includes tables, charts, illustrations, screen shots, photographs, etc.
Appendices should be kept to a minimum, and should only contain reference materials that illustrate and support arguments presented in the in the main body. Any other materials included in appendices, except where specifically requested in the coursework instructions, will not be marked.
Students are responsible for including the word count on the title page of their submissions. Those who do not include word count or who state the incorrect number of words may be penalised.
In addition, your assignm ent should demonstrate the following qualities:
A critical appreciation of relevant literature and its use to support your argument, substantiate calculations, and address other aspects of the assignment. Taking ownership of the content, being prepared to debate and argue a personal position, and providing evidence of evaluative skills. A submission made up of extracts from published sources which is descriptive or simply theoretical regurgitation is not acceptable. Your submission must have interpretation and consideration of the challenges and issues of applying theory to practice.
Logical flow of ideas and treatment; appropriate selection of real-world factors related to the companies under scrutiny. Evidence of additional personal research, and the ability to analyse material from a variety of appropriate, relevant perspectives. Presentation, structure, appropriateness of methodology, breaking into section headings/subheadings, tidiness.
Marks will be awarded for proper referencing and originality of work. Also note that plagiarism is a serious offence and your submission will be electronically checked.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.