To receive credit, you must complete the competency assessment. PLEASE read the assessment rubric carefully to ensure that you have completed all competency criteria. If you wish to receive an A, you must carefully review the rubric and complete the required number of mastery criteria. PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a passing (B) grade on a competency assessment, you will not be allowed to resubmit your assessment to improve your grade.
This competency assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific Outcome(s) that are the focus of this module. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the Outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this module prior to attempting the CA. You can attempt the CA multiple times within the term; however, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit. Refer to your Syllabus for additional information regarding the number of attempts permitted.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Rubric to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA after each submission. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, follow the guidelines and deadlines for submission in your Syllabus.
Please refer to your Syllabus for additional competency assessment requirements.
You may contact your instructor if you have any questions.
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
MT435M1-1: Examine the business concepts of quality management and lean systems.
In the modern world, businesses and individuals need to optimize their efforts to gain effectiveness and efficiency. Also, concepts of sustainability, continuous improvement, and processes that ensure increased value are considered to track operations management towards success.
Many of the terms of quality management and lean systems come from Japanese culture and language, due to Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s research occurring in Japan. Deming is often referred to as The Father of Quality due to his foundational role in the establishment of Quality Management.
In this Assessment, you will compose an informative essay in which you specifically address the parts listed below.
Part 1: Examine the business concepts of quality management and lean systems provided below:
- Dimensions of Quality
- Cost of Quality
- Six Sigma
- Quality tools
- Lean Production
Part 2: Select one concept from each of the lists above and compose your paper to include:
- One aspect of quality management
- One aspect of lean systems
Part 3: Close your paper with the following observations from your research:
- The importance of Deming’s research to the foundation of quality, and what you could do now, to implement the concepts you selected, to your own life and work.
Ensure each topic is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the module concept.
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- This assessment should be a Microsoft Word® (minimum 750 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Ensure your paper uses current APA style for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages (minimum 750 words) covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
- A separate page at the end of your paper should contain a list of references in current APA style. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
- Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
- Be sure to include references for all sources and to cite them using in-text citations where appropriate. Your sources and content should follow current APA style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title page;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.