|Assessment code and title:||AS1 Midterm Report – Stonewater|
|Assessed Learning Outcomes:||A: Understand how the organisation is structured, governed and managed |
B: Identify the key external environmental constraints on a business
E: Effectively communicate and argue information in a structured and appropriate written format that demonstrates awareness of a range of business topics
F: Explore the influence and impact of decision making and ethical implications in businesses
|Word Limit:||2000 words |
Where the submission exceeds the stipulated word limit by more than 10%, the submission will only be marked up to and including the additional 10%.
Anything over this will not be included in the final grade for the assessment item. Abstracts, bibliographies, reference lists, appendices and footnotes are excluded from any word limit requirements.
Please read this assessment brief in its entirety before starting work on the assessment task.
The Assessment Task
Stonewater is a company that specialises in social housing, whose mission is “to offer quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market”.
Examine the Stonewater case study pack on the VLE, giving you extracts from their annual report and other sources Apply your learning from the course content, the textbook and the module reading list to the case study pack to complete the following task
Task: Write a report that both examines the internal and external factors influencing the decisions made at Stonewater, and discusses the implications of those decisions.
Your report must follow this structure
- Executive Summary (not included in word count): Summarise the main points from each section of your report
- Introduction Section (not included in the word count): Give your view of the organisation’s structure, leadership and the priorities of management (LO a)
- Analysis Sections: o Assess some of the internal factors that influence decision making of management and their impact (LO a + f) (700 words)
o Assess some of the factors from the external environment that constrain the options of management (LO b + f) (700 words)
- Conclusions: summarise the main conclusions (or main points) of the report (200 words)
- Recommendations Section to respond to the ethical implications that arise from your discussion (LO f) (400 words)
Reference List: Give full reference details for the texts cited in your report.
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
- a) Understand how the organisation is structured, governed and managed
- b) Identify the key external environmental constraints on a business
- e) Effectively communicate and argue information in a structured and appropriate written format that demonstrates awareness of a range of business topics
- f) Explore the influence and impact of decision making and ethical implications in businesses
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.