You work as a manager at Winter Valley Hospital. Your supervisor recently came to you, as she was quite impressed with your leadership and management style. She has asked you to create a PowerPoint presentation to train some newly hired managers on your team, as there have been complaints that the new managers are not effectively managing their teams. Your supervisor asked that you review different leadership models and qualities and explain to the managers how to effectively use these models and qualities to improve how they manage their employees. To provide some context for your training, your supervisor provided examples of some common employee complaints about their interactions with management.
- “Not everyone on the team gets the same updates on various organizational changes so we all have different information at different times.”
- “I do not receive consistent and clear feedback on my performance and am not sure what I am doing well, as well as where I can improve.”
- “I do not feel that the leadership respects me and what I do and does not care about me as an individual.”
- “There is clearly favoritism toward specific employees, as they are provided more leniency than others, and they are given the more popular tasks.”
- “There is low morale on the team, and it is clear that many people are not feeling motivated and engaged in their work and the organization.”
- “ I do not have clearly defined job roles and duties. This has caused conflict between me and other team members, as I am depending on others to complete specific tasks that the others are not aware are their responsibilities, and they are under the assumption that these are my tasks.”
- “Not everyone on the team is as dedicated to the organization as others. Some of my peers take more time off and are less productive than other people on the team.”
- “The leadership is not leading by example, as they direct us to take specific actions and then do not follow these actions themselves.”
Your supervisor has tasked you with developing a training presentation for newly hired managers. In your training, she has asked that you explain how specific leadership qualities and leadership models can be used to improve the management of employees at Winter Valley Hospital.
Specifically, you must address the following:
- Introduction: To set the stage for your presentation, begin by explaining the difference between leadership and management. In your explanation, consider the characteristics that define each term and how they differ from each other.
- Leadership Qualities: Now that you have differentiated between leadership and management, you will describe some specific leadership qualities that are essential for leaders in the field of healthcare. In addition, you will explain how the managers at Winter Valley Hospital can use the leadership qualities to improve how they manage their employees, and thereby address the employee complaints.
- Explain why ethics is an essential leadership quality for managers in the field of healthcare
- Explain how managers at Winter Valley Hospital can use the leadership quality of ethics to improve the management of their employees and address the specific employee complaints
- Explain why soft skills are essential leadership qualities for managers in the field of healthcare. Consider the following:
- Why is communication an important skill for leaders in healthcare?
- Why is conflict management an important skill for leaders in healthcare?
- Why are interpersonal skills important for leaders in healthcare?
- Explain how managers at Winter Valley Hospital can use the previously identified soft skills to improve the management of their employees and address the specific employee complaints. Consider the following:
- How can the managers at Winter Valley Hospital use the identified skills to mentor and coach employees?
- How can the managers at Winter Valley Hospital use the identified skills to engage and motivate their employees?
- Leadership Styles/Models: In addition to leadership qualities, your supervisor has asked that you explain to the managers at Winter Valley Hospital how to use leadership styles/models to improve how they manage their employees, and thereby address the employee complaints.
- Describe key leadership styles/models that are widely used to engage and motivate employees
- Explain how managers at Winter Valley Hospital can use specific leadership styles/models to improve the management of their employees and address specific employee complaints
What to Submit
Healthcare Leadership Training
Develop a training presentation that explains how specific leadership qualities and leadership models can be used to improve the management of employees at Winter Valley Hospital. Your presentation must be 4–8 slides in length, include speaker notes, and cite any references using APA format.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.