The concepts of epidemiology provide the framework for the study of infectious and chronic health issues/diseases, which provides a rich source of data for the analysis of trends in disease and health.This assignment will offer the learner the opportunity to explore the population health effects of a topic which will be assigned by your course faculty.
As an example, you may be asked to identify populations at risk for oral health issues or, for instance, issues related to the frail living at home, and design a population health focused educational intervention for your target population.
In addition, you will look at what outcomes will be addressed to determine if your interventions are effective. This paper should integrate HP2020 and CDC information into your paper.
- Identify your target population (for instance, age or other demographic, aggregate population); this must be in your city or state.
- Discuss population-based health education interventions for your target population that is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality for the problem. Be sure to review the research literature and HP2020 for interventions.
- Identify how and what data for interventions is being tracked.
- In a four (4) page paper, address the following. Refer to rubric for expanded details related to grading expectations.
- Identify the problem in the introduction section.
- Provide an overview of the problem in your state/national.
- Review of descriptive epidemiological and demographic data on mortality/morbidity and risk.
- HP2020: Present the goal, overview and objectives of Healthy People 2020 for the paper topic.
- Population level prevention and health promotion review. Describe population and/or primary health care focused interventions. Use of scholarly literature and HP2020 is required. There should be direct correlation to evidence for all strategies.
A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references within the last 5 years must be used. Not all references should be from scholarly web sites.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.