As we have been privy to over the last few weeks, those that are different or perceived as different are treated as such, and in some circumstances the treatment is not favorable. Those within our society that do not practice heterosexuality find themselves in a minority position in relationship to sexual orientation or gender preference. You as a therapist need the opportunity to work through your ideas, thoughts, and beliefs with regards to members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Queer, and Ally (LGBTQQA) community. No assumptions are being made about your beliefs as you may support or choose to condemn members of the LGBT community. Despite your personal belief, you have the obligatory duty to create a safe and understanding environment and atmosphere to foster therapeutic change. With this in mind, please write your reflective thoughts about the LGBT population in general and ways in which you would employ to help foster growth in clients that seek your assistance. Be sure to address, and own your personal views and further share how you would work within the context of the profession to help guide and assist members of the LGBT community. Please add any new nuances that you have learned from your readings over the last week with regards to LGBT individuals. Share how you would use your newfound knowledge to assist clients that are sexual or gender minorities.
- This paper is due week 4 of this term on wed
- This reflection paper should be no less than three pages and no more than five pages not including your title or reference pages.
- This reflection paper should express your views and not the views of those that you know well.
- This reflection paper should not be written in an argumentative or convincing form, as this is not an argument and you do not need to convince me of your preferred views. You are simply reflecting on what you’ve read this week. It’s a reflection paper and is open to a vast number of experiences..
5. This reflection paper should adhere to the following: Punctuation and grammar accuracy. Font Style should be Times New Roman and font size should be the standard 12.
c. Double spaced
d. Page Margin should be the standard 1 inch.
e. Do not double space between paragraphs.
- A good rule of thumb is no more than one quote per page
- Paraphrasing is encouraged, but remember to cite your sources.
6. As a reminder, when you quote any source please be sure to cite that source and give credit in the body of the paper and on the reference page.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.