Consider how Buddhists deal with death, sickness, old age, and religious renunciation.
Complete the “Investigating Buddhism” document to outline information about Buddhist beliefs.
As a research option, interview a practicing Buddhist individual or a leader of a Buddhist temple, which can be used as an academic resource for this assignment. If you would like to take pictures during your visit to this community or place of worship, be sure to obtain permission.
Utilize the course textbook and a minimum of three academic resources, one of which can be your interview and should include topic Resources and external resources such as resources from the GCU Library or Theology Commons. Provide an applicable quote from each resource in your outline.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Complete the following prompts to outline information about Buddhist beliefs. Consider how Buddhists deal with death, sickness, old age, and religious renunciation.
Utilize the course textbook and a minimum of three academic resources, one of which can be your interview.
- List and describe the four sights that the young Siddhartha Gautama experienced upon leaving the palace. (approximately 10 words for each)
- Sight #1:
- Sight #2:
- Sight #3:
- Sight #4:
- Concisely describe the significance of each of the four sights for the development of the Buddha’s later teaching. (approximately 50 words for each)
- Significance of Sight #1:
- Significance of Sight #2:
- Significance of Sight #3:
- Significance of Sight #4:
- Briefly reflect on why you think these four sights caused Siddhartha Gautama to begin to seek religious answers. (Give one concise sentence for each sight.)
- Reflection on Sight #1:
- Reflection on Sight #2:
- Reflection on Sight #3:
- Reflection on Sight #4:
- What barriers might a Buddhist have for understanding a Christian worldview? What bridges could be created to help a Buddhist understand a Christian worldview? (approximately 225 words)
- Personal Reflection: What could be appealing about the Buddhist worldview to Westerners, and how might a Christian respond to these attributes? (approximately 100 words)
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.