The purpose of this assignment helps to fulfill course learning objective #7, “Improve critical analysis, writing, and communication skills.” A secondary purpose teaches you to follow instructions precisely and to learn time management regarding deadlines. This writing will also teach you to master looking at issues from different perspectives which challenges your preferences, beliefs, and paradigms. Try to make a cogent argument in a brief paper.
Use the following directions to format your paper assignment.
- All writing assignments must use academic writing.
- No contractions.
- You must write out numbers between one and tn.
- Correct grammar, spelling, and writing mechanics in the prescribed format for CSUSB.
- No form of the verb “to be”. This includes: is, are, was, were, be, being, been, am. Why? Because using this verb makes the sentence passive and not active. When writing with an active voice the reader has an easier time reading the paper. This is difficult and even I struggle with not using the to be verb. The more you practice at eliminating the to be verb will make your writing stronger.
- Do not use unnecessary verbiage. Make your point succinctly because you only have one page.
- Your paper will consist of only five paragraphs, no more, no less.
You will write about both of the two videos The social responsibility of business (2015) by Alex Edmans or The Era of Corporate Social Responsibility is Ending (2017) Rachel Hutchisson in the chapter 6 lecture slides. You must follow ALL of the Reminders and Paper Format instructions closely. This assignment has a twist to it so read and understand the format instructions closely.
- Use 12 point New Times Roman font, 1″ page margins, and double-spaced.
- Introduce the video and the topic in the first paragraph.
- Write a one or two sentence summary of the video you prefer in paragraph two.
- Describe the argument of the video you prefer in the third paragraph.
- Propose the OTHER VIDEO’S opposing argument in paragraph four.
- Discuss and make a conclusion in the fifth and last paragraph. You will either agree or disagree with the video you chose in paragraphs three and four. Do not say “I think” or “I agree with both positions.” State your position in clear language.
- Do not quote anything from the videos but summarize what the speakers say.
- I only accept 1 page papers.
The social responsibility of business | Alex Edmans | TEDxLondonBusinessSchool – YouTube
The Era of Corporate Social Responsibility is Ending | Rachel Hutchisson | TEDxWilmington – YouTube
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.