|Learning outcomes linked to this assessment:|
|LO 1||Identify and appraise sources of physical, chemical and biological pollutants.|
|LO 2||Undertake monitoring, measurement, recording and sampling of pollutants, and predict the likely environmental and health outcomes from analysis of the derived data.|
|LO 3||Evaluate the impacts of pollutants on human health and wellbeing and the effects on the environment.|
|LO 4||Evaluate impacts of interventions in relation to pollution control.|
For this assignment you will take part in pollution monitoring and measurement and will use the derived data to complete a 2000-word report as outlined below. Although the pollution monitoring activity will be a collective effort, each student will submit their own individual report.
The report is required to be of a scientific nature. To ensure that you can complete all sections within the word count please be concise, precise, and factual.
This assignment will be focused on water pollution:
The required sections of the report are:
- Introduction – keep this brief.
- Identification of the pollutants recorded and their physical, chemical, and/or biological characteristics.
- Appraisal of the most likely sources of the pollutants.
- Presentation of data. This may include tables, graphs, calculations. You may also use qualitative data (such as descriptions/photographs/maps), which may especially apply if you are concentrating the assignment on fly tipping. You may use statistical functions to analyse numerical data and/or compare with regulatory standards.
- Comparison of data with legal thresholds of parameters (e.g. Water Supply Regulations 2016, LAQM Policy Guidance 2016, Noise Act 1996 Guidance 2008).
- Assessment of the likely impact of pollutants on human health, taking into account the characteristics of the observed pollutants and the acquired data.
- Assessment of the likely impact of pollutants on the environment, taking into account the characteristics of the observed pollutants and the acquired data.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of current pollution control measures (including policy and legislation) in relation to the observed pollutants.
Include evidence of your participation in data collection (i.e. photographs).
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? We got you. Simply place your order and leave the rest to our experts.