Module Learning Outcomes (from module syllabus)
Upon the successful completion of this module, the student should be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- produce a fully referenced written work in a relevant topic which is well -organised and makes use of an appropriate academic writing style;
- produce written work which is well-organised, relevant and makes use of appropriate terminology and academic style;
- demonstrate good communication skills in written and oral form;
- demonstrate effective use of Information Technology (IT) as required, including but not limited to MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, the internet;
- interpret and analyse a range of information beyond mere description in a critical way;
- work as a member of a team by cooperating with others, negotiating, listening to others in the group, sharing responsibilities/tasks and meeting deadlines.
Assessment Component 2 – 75% (Assignment 2 addresses Learning outcomes 1 to 6): Group report of 2750 words.
For this assignment the class will be divided into teams of 4-5 students and you will each be allocated to one team. You are required to collaborate together in your team to produce a written report of 2,750 words. Each team will need to elect a group leader. The group leader. needs to ensure that all members of the team take part in the work, and will also submit the final report on behalf of his/her group.
Write an appropriately structured academic report in which you discuss 2-4 of the named topics from the list below, which have all been covered during the term, and evaluate their relative importance for and in future academic or professional work. This means that you must decide which is the most important area. If you choose to look at 3 or 4 topics, you will not need to rank them in order of importance, but it would be a good idea to explain why one of them seems to be the least important, or relatively unimportant compared to the others.
You will also need to analyse published literature relating to the specific topics you discuss and use the feedback you received on all in-class activities.
Topics that may be covered (choose 2, 3 or 4):
- Time management / Organising study
- Analytical and critical thinking
You will see that these are the topics that do not only involve purely academic skills. These are transferable and/or work-related.
You will need give examples of activities where knowledge of these topics and ability to use the skills that are part of them would be useful.
You must refer to external sources (= published or respectable online literature) to back up whatever you are writing about. There should be 4-10 sources in your reference list (roughly one or two per topic).
You must also remember to have a title page, a table of contents (with numbers of pages), proper headings for each section and a reference list.
Do you need urgent help with this or a similar assignment? Say no more, we have just the experts you need to help you. Place your order.